(13) Hearts Wishes to See Each Other Again

Water Spirit took a glance at her master's gloomy expression, and she nodded her head. She wanted to speak, but paused for a while. She was thinking of what to say so Master wouldn't be angry. And at this moment, Fire Spirit took the lead to speak, his tone full of rage.

"This Chu family really didn't put our Highness in their eyes. It is merely a very, very small declining family, actually dared to disobey the imperial edict. Openly being disrespectful to Your Highness, Your Highness, let Fire Spirit take some people to let them see your strength. Let's see if he dares to insult you like this in the future!" Fire Spirit made a bow of respect towards His Highness, grabbed his weapon and was about to walk out.

"Halt." Xiao Xu started to talk, his tone carrying an unquestionable command.

Fire Spirit was unwilling but his body obediently stopped. He looked at his family's master very angrily and indignantly said, "Your Highness!"

"What do you want to go and do?" Xiao Xu glanced at him and picked up the teacup on the table. That gloomy expression was slowly being hidden by the dense fog from the tea.

"I——" Fire Spirit was stopped and stumped for words by these subsequent questions from his master.

Xiao Xu drinked a mouthful of tea, before his gaze landed on his subordinate's body, in a low tone, he said, "Could it be that you want to massacre the Chu family? Afterwards, the entire city will once again talk about how Prince Ying always does vicious things. Being brutal and cruel? If you really want to do things like this, this king doesn't care."

Fire Spirit was stumped for words, immediately returning to his senses after seeing Water Spirit looking at him as if looking at a fool. He immediately knelt down to beg for forgiveness, "Your Highness, subordinate didn't consider everything, and almost implicated you. Subordinate asks to be punished!"

Although Water Spirit didn't agree with the methods Fire Spirit just suggested, however now, she walked forward to plea for leniency, "Your Highness, although Fire Spirit is a bit impulsive, but it comes from his loyal heart. Beg Your Highness not to be angry."

Xiao Xu waved his hand, "Get up."

Fire Spirit and Water Spirit exchanged a glance, before getting up from the ground. Just now, His Highness was already somewhat angry, but now, he looked like a person that wasn't bothered. This made the two of them, who had followed His Highness at his side since childhood as his confidants, somewhat at a loss.

"Your Highness, should we just be annoyed and let a very small Chu family humiliate us?" Although just now, Fire Spirit did let his emotions affect his decisions, but who could bear to suppress their anger when such a thing happens to them. In fact, Water Spirit's heart also had a pit of fire. Although normally, His Majesty didn't like His Highness, but if His Highness respected the emperor a little, then this marriage would be dissolved. Never expected that the Chu family would also hit a person when they are down, secretly moving to fool Master. Water Spirit also couldn't bear it and wanted to say something.

The corner of Xiao Xu's mouth lifted up then down, revealing an indifferent sneer, "The imperial edict only granted the marriage with Chu family. It didn't indicate which miss, even if we complain all the way to Father the Emperor, the Chu family also occupies the side of reason."

Fire Spirit tightly clenched the sword hilt in his hand and said unevenly, " Your Highness, these pent-up, unspoken grievances, could it be that we'll just have to forget it like this?"

Pent-up, unspoken grievances? Xiao Xu frowned, soon after, his gaze turned to the darkening sky. His mysterious ink-colored glass-like eyes turned even darker. Slowly, he opened his mouth to speak, his tone soft and shallow, "You guys shouldn't forget the first several times, whether this miss from Chu family can live to that day is still unknown. However, it seems that Chu family is also an option, otherwise, they would still be concerned about this king's imperial consort position. Choose who is still choosing, from this king's perspective, there is no difference."