(19) The Lord Wants to See But Doesn't Want to Meet

Chu Qing-Yan, after leaving the hall and entering her parent's residence, let out a large mouthful of air in relief. Her heart was full of an invigorating, at ease feeling. This feeling was something she had experienced in the middle of a debate competition from her previous life. In the competition, even though the arguments were intense, but people also took care not to overdo it. But just now, it wasn't just full of smoking hot arguments, it was on a battlefield where it was a 'you die and I live' kind of atmosphere. Just a little bit of inattentiveness and very probably, there would be no hope for a reprieve. Fortunately, she didn't lose. Moreover, she had made an unexpected recovery under the most difficult situation. She turned the tables on them and won the promise of protection for her parents.

Mother Chu, seeing this, immediately patted her back, her face full of tenderness as she said, "This is all because Mother is useless. Everything has to depend on you to step in."

Chu Qing-Yan turned her head to reveal the most sincere smile she had for tonight to placate her own mother, "Mom, don't worry, daughter has already grown up and can protect you and daddy. Therefore, don't worry about causing trouble for daughter, daughter is still you guys' happiest bundle."

Mother Chu's heart was emotionally moved, stroking daughter's face that, day by day, became glossy and had the luster of gems. Choking back emotions, she nodded her head.

Daddy Chu surround the mother and daughter duo with a face full of joyous smiles.

Because of tonight's farce, Chu Qing-Yan thought that Elder Madam Chu and them won't come to disturb them once again. As a result, she felt at ease to remain in her parents' room.

Mother Chu twisted the cotton cloth and helped her husband wipe clean his cheeks. Then, she slanted her head to ask her daughter who was using the candlelight to mend clothing, "Cai Cai, mother doesn't understand one matter, why didn't you agree when they mentioned returning your father to the family genealogical records. Unexpectedly, in the end, when they mentioned it again you agreed, is there a lot of difference between the two?"

Having heard Mother's question, Chu Qing-Yan put down the needle and thread in her hand and lightly smiled in the warm candlelight, "Mother, do you think that when they first mentioned this condition, they would really do it? It was just a makeshift stratagem, wanting to use it to fool us and nothing more. Daughter wanted them to accept wholeheartedly and not dare to play some game with us. Now, daughter is the life-saving rope that they have no choice but to rely on, at that time when they wanted to substitute one person for another, a pity they chose the wrong person. Your daughter is not a little sheep, but rather, a little fox draped in rabbit fur."

Saying this, Chu Qing-Yan even revealed her white teeth to her parents under the candlelight, making a tearing movement.

Mother Chu couldn't help but to laugh with exasperation from this childish movement her daughter made. Moreover, Daddy Chu felt it was very fun, after he was finished wiping his face, he also jumped in front of his daughter. He imitated her movement, and the two people happily compared to see whose teeth looked more like a wolf's teeth.

The warm light of the flame jumped about cheerfully in this humble room, infecting the cold and quiet in the whole courtyard.

And this scene, luckily, landed in the eyes of the guard outside the courtyard.

"Honorable Fire Spirit, did we neglect our duties? Clearly, His Highness wanted us to help Chu family's little Miss to run away, but not only didn't we do our best to protect her, we even let her escape plan be exposed. Shouldn't we go to beg forgiveness from His Highness?" The black-clothed guard hesitantly asked.