(28) Fiancé is a Big Block of Ice

This tone used for making the report wasn't loud, but due to today being the Elder's birthday, everybody had lowered their voices to speak. From time to time, they would cast glances his way, now, all the ears that were perked up, heard this news that knocked everyone's glasses off.

It seemed that this Prince Ying hadn't attended these kinds of banquets in a long time!

He'd occasionally show up only for banquets held by the Imperial Family.

Today, he actually showed up here?

One after another, people's heads turned aside to look at the sky. It didn't seem that the sun had risen from the west today, nor did red rain fall from the sky.

Had they heard it incorrectly?

They couldn't help but to stick a finger in their ears and start to clean it.

As if to validate the news, a white embroidered gown appeared at the doorway of the front courtyard. Being spring, the peonies bloomed vibrantly, but under that snow-like figure, they suddenly lost all of their color. The hem of his clothes brushed past the green slab, passing through layers of hundreds of flowers on the top of the cliff. It was like a burst of cool breeze, dispelling all the noise and dusty smoke in the room.

Chu Qing-Yan simply didn't put any thoughts on the banquet. After she made her greetings, she pasted a smile on her face. She emptied her mind and was only waiting for the banquet to end. As a result, when the servant made his announcement, she simply didn't notice it. Only when she sharply perceived those prying and measuring gazes on her, all of a sudden, withdraw with a crashing sound, did she suddenly feel somewhat surprised. Recollecting her thoughts, she carelessly followed everyone's gazes and saw——

A person like a snow lotus on a mountain stepping down from its summit, with an unsurpassable cold and clear aura. Like an aloof celestial being who always stood alone, leaving behind worldly life, his white gown floated and turned over, drawing arc after arc in mid-air. Bewitching like the mist between a sea of clouds, it added onto his mysteriousness, but also alienated him from the crowd.

Because Chu Family hadn't anticipated that so many people would honor the feast this time with their presence, they had hurriedly set the banquet outdoors in the front courtyard. Fortunately, the sunlight in April wasn't that intense, on the contrary, it made people feel more at ease.

And so, Chu Qing Yan sat with her back to the light and watched the person who walked forward into the light. She couldn't see this person's face clearly, but the soft rays of light illuminated a blurry halo around this person. Rays of light bounced off his gown and hair in a mischievous manner.

Chu Qing-Yan, for a split second, suddenly felt that this person was even more dazzling than the sun in the distant horizon.

"Paying one's respect to His Highness Prince Ying."

When the person stood firmly in the middle of the courtyard, everyone returned to their senses one after another and immediately kneeled down to make one's salutations. The 'plop' sounds that came in succession were so loud that Chu Qing-Yan's heart trembled in fear. Was there a need to kneel so devoutly?

However, seeing the upper-class ladies that were joking together in front of her from before, now kneeling with pale complexions and lips trembling, Chu Qing-Yan suddenly remembered something that she had tossed to the back of her mind. Her fiancé was known infamously outside as a demon!

She covertly lifted her head. He already stood before Elder Chu. Only at this moment did she realize that he wore a mask on his face. His face could not be seen from forehead to nose, only revealing a pair of eyes. A pity, she couldn't see what that pair of eyes looked like from where she stood.