(41) I'm The Child, So I'm The Biggest

"You don't want to wake up early to accompany this king for breakfast?" This sentence was still said by Xiao Xu in an unhurried and even tone, not a trace of his mood was discernible.

They finally returned to this original matter, only that the words coming from Xiao Xu's mouth made her feel somewhat strange.

Chu Qing-Yan rubbed at the tears on her face, and said in a voice choked with sobs. "It's not that Qing-Yan doesn't want to have breakfast with Your Highness. Rather, it's because my courtyard is somewhat far. I'm afraid I won't make it in time and delay Your Highness from going to morning court."

If she were to deny it directly, then it would seem somewhat fake. Therefore, words that were half-true and half-false would make it more believable.

Xiao Xu nodded, "You are being so considerate for this king. This king is also not an unreasonable person. Since it's like this, you're excused from getting up early in the morning."

Chu Qing-Yan choked, it was this easy to be let go of? She had thought she needed to waste more words to persuade him.

However, Chu Qing-Yan thought that this was still somewhat inconceivable. If this person was this easy to talk with, then what would the things she did these past few days and his response be considered as? And what about when she disregarded her image and cried loudly today? Fortunately, children didn't really have any image to speak of. She also didn't care if she had lost face or not!

"Thank you, Your Highness. Your Highness really is a broad-minded good person!" Chu Qing-Yan pulled back her lips in a smile and said.

Xiao Xu looked at her harmless face that completely lacked that vicious, fiend-like, crying and 'making a disturbance' appearance from just now. From this, his heart gained an understanding. Women were indeed one of the two life forms in the world that shouldn't be offended. However, the thought of teasing her arose in his mind.

"Really? But this king isn't broad-minded to the point of disregarding being grabbed by the collar. Although this king doesn't really want to squabble with you over this, for good or bad, this king is still the prince of a nation. If I let you continue like this, then maybe next time someone will learn from you to embarrass this king. Then where would this king's dignity be?"

The matter she deliberately ignored was still brought to the surface for discussion.

Chu Qing-Yan was a little discouraged, what ought to come couldn't be avoided.

"Chu Qing-Yan was temporarily muddle-headed, Chu Qing-Yan was wrong. If you want to beat or punish Chu Qing-Yan, there will absolutely be no complaints!" Chu Qing-Yan's head drooped down, wanting to cry but lacking the tears. This was simply settling accounts at an opportune moment! As expected, this Prince Ying wasn't a master to be provoked.

"But this king doesn't seem to have a habit of squabbling with a child." Xiao Xu turned around and sat in the chair once again. The tea on the table was already replaced with a new one. He picked up the teacup by lifting up the lid with one hand. Through the rising spirals of vapor, he looked at the her who was petite, "If you can find a reason to convince this king to let you go, then this king will let bygones be bygones."

Chu Qing-Yan was amazed at his change at this moment. However, she was still worried that he would change his mind at any time, so she focused, pondering on how to respond.

"This king is not a patient person, so ——" The threat after this was self-evident.

Chu Qing-Yan didn't have time to consider much else and blurted out, "Your Highness Prince Ying, Qing-Yan is young and ignorant. Those that are unaware are innocent, because of this, I plead for you to be magnanimous and not squabble with a child."