(45) The Iceberg Prince's Guidance

When Lan Yi came in, she discovered the mess on the floor at a quick glance. In the blink of an eye, she also saw the ink on His Highness's clothing. Even though His Highness was wearing black clothing, it still couldn't hide what that dampness meant. She was slightly astonished, but very quickly, she calmed down and proceeded to put things back in order.

Chu Qing-Yan flashed her a somewhat embarrassed smile, and Lan Yi returned it with a slight smile. Afterwards, she continued to tidy up the floor.

Chu Qing-Yan sighed, this girl really was exactly like what the book said a scholar was: A face like jade, making people unable to tear their gazes away.

As Chu Qing-Yan was staring like an infatuated fool, Xiao Xu's voice sounded.

"Come here."

Chu Qing-Yan, having heard this, retrieved her gaze from Lan Yi's body and turned to obediently walk to his front. At this moment, he was sitting while she was standing, so their line of sight just so happened to be at the same level.

"What did your Highness call Qing-Yan over for?" She curiously asked.

"Starting from today, this king will teach you how to read." Once Xiao Xu's words sounded, he successfully saw the change in her face which made him secretly amused.

"Why?" Chu Qing-Yan was so shocked that the words slipped out of her mouth without thinking.

The aftermath of these words that weren't sorted by her brain successfully made Xiao Xu's tone turn cold, "If news were to spread out that this king's consort doesn't know how to read a word, do you think that the only one who loses face would be you? This deeply-ingrained, long-standing resentful expression of yours, are you disdainful that this king doesn't know how to teach you?"

Chu Qing-Yan was frozen so stiff by these words that emitted cold air, she couldn't even shake her head, so she hurriedly denied, "No no no, Chu Qing-Yan isn't disdainful, only that I was too shocked and didn't return to my senses."

"Hmph! Go choose a brush." Xiao Xu already didn't want to look at her appearance of saying one thing and meaning something different. In passing, his finger pointed, letting her go to the pen rack to choose.

Chu Qing-Yan lightly sighed in her heart. She really didn't know what this Highness was thinking, thinking one thing, then another. She also wanted to learn how to write words, but if the person teaching turned out to be this person before her eyes, she felt that she would definitely be nervous.

However, she was still resigned to her fate and went to choose a brush.

And at this time, Xiao Xu let her choose her brush alone, going into the room to change his clothes. He was most unable to tolerate any stain on his clothes.

The room lost that oppressive atmosphere, and Chu Qing-Yan's pressure also plummeted, so she slowly took her time to choose. Various kinds of brushes hung from the pen rack on the table. The length varied, the thickness varied, the texture also varied. Some were made from bamboo, some with jadeite and precious stones, looking sparkling, translucent and dazzling like flowers. Under the bright light, they even seemed to glimmer faintly.

Chu Qing-Yan grabbed a brush made of white jade. It felt cold and snug in her hand. Chu Qing-Yan considered the brush in her hand, it felt very light. Before, she always thought that brushes made from jade would definitely be heavier than brushes made from bamboo. But in fact, it was really light. Using it to write would certainly be very comfortable.

"This king asked you to choose a brush, not to weigh silver."

A voice that was neither fast nor slow penetrated the air and reached her ears, subconsciously making her finger shrink back. However, the brush made from jade was too slippery, and all of a sudden, it slipped through the crack between her fingers and "Ke——" fell on the floor, splitting into two sections.