(50) Irreconcilable Differences, Just Wait and See

Chu Qing-Yan closed her eyes and waited for a long time but the slap never landed. Just when she was puzzled, she heard the sound of the court eunuch at her side sucking in a deep, painful breath.

"Royal Brother——" Xiao Ran involuntarily cried out in surprise.

Chu Qing-Yan immediately opened her eyes, and met that pair of obsidian-like, glossy eyes. She had never felt anything like at this moment, a burst of grief and sadness rushed up.

"Fourth Royal Brother (1), did you come to this prince's manor just to hit my people?" Xiao Xu's gaze indifferently swept over the two eunuchs who held Chu Qing-Yan down. Under his ice-cold gaze, those two people instinctively let go of Chu Qing-Yan from fear. The court eunuch whose wrist was captured by Fire Spirit covered his wrist with the other hand, immediately scurrying back behind Xiao Ran. Chu Qing-Yan felt that his action was certainly not light, or else that clean, white face wouldn't have become even paler!

Chu Qing-Yan unconsciously walked to Xiao Xu's side. Her head was lowered slightly, a pair of eyes filled with tears, looking like a little young bride that was abused, but she didn't say a word.

These two people were brothers, so Xiao Xu stopping Xiao Ran from hitting her did not prove that he would help her vent her anger. Perhaps he did it to save his own face. If words were to spread out that his own fiancee was beaten, his face also wouldn't look good. So, she stood at the side very discreetly. However, if she didn't worry about all of these, she wouldn't have eaten these pent-up unspoken grievances. But this person, in the end, was still a child, she was too embarrassed to bicker over such things with him!

However, Chu Qing-Yan subconsciously still wanted Xiao Xu to help her vent her anger, but when she became aware of this thought, she sighed slightly. On what basis would Xiao Xu censure his younger brother for her? She really overestimated herself.

"Royal Brother, you don't know that this ignorant wicked commoner actually contradicted me just now. She simply didn't put me in her eyes! I was trying to give her a little lesson just now!" When Xiao Ran saw his royal brother open his mouth, he immediately knew he was going to defend this foul girl. His heart couldn't help but give birth to anger. This was the first time he heard his brother censure him for the sake of an outsider.

"Bickering with a girl, what's there to brag about? Moreover, she only needs to put this king in her eyes." Xiao Xu sat down on the chair, an indifferent expression in his eyes. However, it still made people unconsciously feel an intimidating pressure.

Xiao Ran, having heard this, felt his royal brother's words were hard to refute, but his heart was still upset. Was it possible now that Royal Brother had this foul girl, he didn't want him, this younger royal brother anymore?

"Royal Brother, what's good about this girl? Even disregarding the fact that she looks ugly, her temper is also bad and she doesn't know the rules. She isn't worth you defending her like this!" Xiao Ran glared at the well-behaved Chu Qing-Yan.

Faced with Xiao Ran's childish temperament, the two adults facing him were both unperturbed. Xiao Xu's expression didn't change while Chu Qing-Yan just rolled her eyes at him.

"Fourth Royal Brother (1), could it be that you have some objections to Father Emperor's imperial decree?" Xiao Xu said indifferently.

Xiao Ran choked. If his words from earlier were to reach Mother Imperial Concubine's ears, perhaps he would be criticized.

Fire Spirit, who stood at the side, saw this and butted in to say, "Your Highness the Fourth Prince, I heard that Concubine Yue was very approving of the marriage between Our Highness and Miss Chu. At that time, she even made a lot of effort at playing matchmaker!"