Chapter 10

This chapter is dedicated to all of my silent readers. Thank you so much for being with me till now, despite seeing so many mistakes in my story and also for keeping up with my late updates. It would mean so much to me if you comment. It's okay if you don't want to vote. But if you comment then I'll understand that some people are enjoying my story.

Jared's picture on top.

Now............... let's get back to the story.

..........

Marcus Williams had no heir. So, media was always talking about who's gonna take over the 'Williams's Industries'. Then suddenly eight years ago everyone got to know that Marcus and Karen has adopted a seventeen years old girl. Media went berserk to find out about the adopted girl.

Unfortunately for them, Marcus had hidden away his daughter pretty well. Even Jared's family, who were really close with Marcus and Karen, knew nothing about that girl. Including her name.

Then about three months later Marcus and Karen moved to England with their daughter out of the blue. Karen's whole family lived in England. During that time everyone thought that maybe 'the adopting daughter' part was just a media stunt they've pulled to increase their share's price.

But after some time, everyone realised that actually there really was an adoption. And maybe the reason behind their sudden departure had something to do with their daughter.

Even Jared has known that the girl's name is Laura, just a few months ago. Media still doesn't know what does she look like. Right now the few things they know about Laura is her name, her being graduated from Oxford and her working on a project. After all she hasn't been officially introduced yet.

Karen stops talking to Laura upon seeing Jared. A genuine smile breaks out in her face. "Jared..... It's nice to see you again." Karen says in her British accent.

Karen takes Jared in a warm embrace. A smile forms on Jared's face at the familliar gesture. Due to his family being close to Laura's, Karen has become like a mother figure to him.

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Williams." Jared says after Karen frees him from her tight embrace.

Karen frowns after realizing how Jared has addressed her by. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Karen? You make me sound old."

"You're talking as if you're still young." A voice suddenly piped in from behind Karen.

A familliar face comes into view and Laura's eyes scrunches up in confusion. "Ella!"

Karen turns her face towards Ella and says in the most scary tone, "What did you say??"

Ella becomes horrified seeing Karen's face. She holds up her hands in a surrendering motion and says, "N-No aunt. I didn't say anything." Karen raises one eyebrow. Ella looks at Laura and asks,"Right Laura??" She gives Laura the "please-say-yes-or-else-I'll-kill-you" look.

To save Ella's neck and possibly also her own Laura agrees with Ella. Karen knows that the both of them are lying but still she drops the topic.

Till now Jared was just standing in his spot amusingly. Now as he sees that the three females standing in front him have realised that he is standing beside them and watching their bickering, he turns towards Ella.

"Who's this? And Karen..... you're looking lovely as always. The more I see you it seems to me you get even more younger." Jared says in the most charming voice and finishes with his dazzling smile that would make any girl swoon.