C h a p t e r 1 6

((Guess what, it's ur boi, not dead, back with another update, and off Hiatus))

You and Dr. O'Deorain stepped into the empty hotel lobby. As most hotel lobbys, it was beautiful, but this one in particular, it was breathtaking. To your suprise, you recognized the building.

Your cousin used to work there before she moved to America, she got accepted into Harvard, law school. Once you picked her up after her shift and got a look inside.

The walls were ivory, golden details etching the corners, ceiling, and floor. Half the floor was white, the other half was glass, koi fish swimming underneath. In the middle was a fountain, which all the glass floor parts connected to.

You'd be lying if you didn't say you were impressed. You expected her to take you to some underground secret base, not an actually nice hotel. She was very regal and elegant, so part of you wasn't too suprised that she chose this hotel, or that she could easily afford it.

While admiring the beautiful building, you also observed all the exits. Knowing you'd most likely need to escape from here, probably tommorow morning. So, knowing the easiest way out was vital to get out with no trouble.

You'd also want to check for a tracker on yourself. The heavy metal collar on your neck that had a tracker on it was removed by Dr. O'Deorain, for obvious reasons. But you are sure she put another tracker on you, you just didn't know where.

The docter eventually lead you over to the front desk, where she started to talk to the receptionist. You felt her arm squeeze your waist tighter, reminding you to not to try anything stupid, and to not look like a deer in the headlights.

You put on a faint smile, but you doubted it looked realistic. Luckily for the docter, and unluckily for you, the lady seemed to not notice. She probably just thought you were tired.

"Alright, Mrs. Moira O'Deorain, these are your keys, you're on the top floor." She smiled and handed the docter a key. Moira took the keys gratefully and lead you away from the desk and towards the elevator.

The walk up to your room was nothing more than awkward. It was silent, but hey, you weren't complaining. A little bit of quiet was something you really needed at the moment.

As calm as you were, for some reason, you wanted to cry. Even though you kept your composure, every inch of your body just wanted to forget everything that just happened and go back to your normal life. Oh, how you missed your home, your town, your job, and your friends.

Never in your life have you felt so homesick. Even though you were very close to the place you grew up, you felt so far from home. From the place you found peace, up in the mountains of Nepal.

You reached the room and Moira swiftly unlocked the door and opened it, softly pushing you inside. She closed the door behind her and placed her bags down in the closet. You looked around the large creme colored room.

It had a large king sized bed, a bathroom, a mini kitchen, and a balcony. You walked out the balcony, the cold breeze hit you as soon as you opened the door, but it didn't bother you, you were used to the cold.

You almost gasped as you looked at the view, walking closer to the edge to look out more. It was beautiful, you could see a huge section of the city from here. The colors in the dark below you glowed brightly, decorating the streets.

By the sounds of it, the docter stepped onto the balcony behind you. She walked closer to you, standing right next to you, looking out into the city. "It's quite an amazing view." She murmured quietly. You looked up at her for a second the back at the city, "It's beautiful." You added.

"Hm.." she placed a hand on your hand, which made you instantly flinch away, but as soon as you relaxed, you let her grasp your hand, "It is indeed beautuful.."