Imagine #22 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Come back to me}

"Just be careful. Let me know what happens." Stefan said over the phone before hanging you. You looked at Bonnie. She was looking at the warehouse, which was used as a slaughterhouse, that was sat in front the two of you. "Are you ready?" You asked her.

The two of you had decided that you were the two best people to go and get Damon and Enzo from this warehouse and save them from whatever was holding them captive in there. Bonnie was dating Enzo and you were dating Damon.  Like Bonnie, you were willing to do anything that you could to save the ones that you love. Bonnie looked at you. "Ready as I'll ever be. How about you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah." That was a lie and Bonnie knew it because she as feeling all the emotions that you were. "Let's go and save them." Both of you jumped out of the car and headed into the building. Once you were inside, you walked down as dark and damp corridor. The whole time you and Bonnie remained close to one another and both of you were armed with Vervain, just in case worse came to the worse. 

Once you had gotten to the other side of the corridor, You and Bonnie decided that it was best to slip up and see what you could find, to see if there was anyway of save Damon and Enzo. Bonnie headed down one corridor and you found yourself going down the other one which led you to the main part of the warehouse. 

You stood in shock as you saw rows and rows of bodies hanging, head first from the ceiling. You heard the faint sound of lapping water beneath you. "What are you doing here (Y/n)?" You turned around to see Damon; this was the first time that you had seen him in nearly three months. "Damon." You said, almost breathlessly. 

"You need to leave here." He told you. 

"I'm not leaving without you." You told him as you approached him but you saw that look in his eye and you knew right away what had happened, and what he had done. "You've flipped your switch haven't you?"

"Yeah! Now leave."

"No! I can help you.  I can help you get back your humanity." You insisted. 

"I don't want it back! If anyone should know what it's like to not have to worry about emotions getting in the way it's you." He replied. "Now leave me." Before you could reply, you heard another voice. "I'd listen to him love." It was Enzo. You turned around to see him but he had a hold of Bonnie, making sure she couldn't escape. "Go or else I'll kill Bonnie." Enzo said. 

"No you won't..." Bonnie said but he pulled out a knife, threatening her more. You turned around to look at Damon. You placed your hands on his face. "Come back to me." You said before turning around, grabbing Bonnie and leaving Damon and Enzo in the warehouse. You were determined to get them back, no matter what the cost.