A DATE WITHOUT GHOSTS

There was a knock on the door. Nora hit pause and stood up. "Poppy, I said no men!" She opened it and it was Soren holding a box.

"Hi." Soren smiled.

"Hi." Nora was shocked. "What are you doing here?"

Soren handed her the box and walked in like he lived there. "That is for you."

"Thanks. What are you.." Nora started.

"Go get ready, I am taking you to the party. I hear it's the best one this year." Soren smiled. He led her to the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

Soren wasn't giving her time to think. Nora opened the box and gasped. It was a pretty black lace dress. Short sleeves and wow, there were gorgeous shoes to match. Nora put it on. Most of her marks would be visible. She was worried.

"You ready?" Soren was outside, waiting.

"Uh. Sure?" She had finished pinning up her hair. She opened the door and walked out.

Soren stared at his girl. "Wow!"

"If you don't like it, I can put something else on." Nora stated.

"Holy shit. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Oh, one thing." He stepped closer and unpinned her hair. She rolled her eyes. He put his hands in her hair and pulled her in for a kiss.

"Better?"

"Perfect. Are you ready?"

"Are you sure about this? I have all of these marks. Maybe I should hide them?" Nora was very unsure.

"No way. I read a thing the other day about phantoms. Their markings were a point of pride. They loved to make sure they were always visible. They were proud of them. You should be. I am. Have I told you that I love you? I missed you, Nora." Soren smiled and kissed her again.

Nora moaned. "I missed you too, Soren."

Soren smiled. "Good. So, there is nothing else? I did buy you this great dress." He teased.

Nora smiled and kissed him again. "Oh, thanks." She rolled her eyes. "I love you too."

Soren had to stop the next kiss or they weren't leaving the room. "We better go before I take that dress back!"

Nora blushed. "Okay."

They walked into the party, it was in an abandon old school. In the gym. "Surprised you haven't been here before." Soren smiled.

"Funny. I have." Nora smiled. Soren laughed. "They will stare. If they recognize me."

"They will stare at me. I'm better looking!" Soren teased.

Nora laughed. "Thanks." She knew he was trying to help keep her calm. He did look great though. He was in a nice suit. Classic black. No one can go wrong with that.

They walked through the doors. It was nice. It reminded Nora of prom..with more booze. She didn't ever drink.

"Do you want to dance?" Soren asked. "Oh, I'm not letting go of you tonight. Just thought I would warn you." He could tell that Nora was uncomfortable. "Don't worry, Nora, you look beautiful."

Soren took Nora's hand and pulled her on the dance floor. The middle of the gym. They were entwined and danced. Nora put her head on Soren's shoulder and closed her eyes. Soren sighed. Nora hardly noticed that there were other people and they were staring.

Someone walked up. "Nora?" Hyde was there.

Nora opened her eyes. "Hyde."

"Uh, That is the exact opposite of what we talked about." Hyde pointed out. He said stay away, not bring Soren to the first party and dance with him. They looked like one person they were so close.