Chapter 49

Alessandro

Everything was laid out on my desk.

The guns; the equipment; the knives.... the plan was finally coming to an end.

Tonight was the night that I'd wipe the floor with Antonio's blood.

A week had passed and Leah had been creating relations within the Estate. She had been giving us updates on how things were going and it seemed as though everything was in the perfect position for the attack.

She had been doing the sessions late at night as they were busy throughout the day. And tonight was the perfect chance as Antonio was feeling 'sick.'

Apparently he'd been absent from working all day and had been staying in his own room without anyone disturbing him. This meant that we could murder him quietly and nobody would see him – not even for hours.

My men were standing around me. They had been preparing themselves too – to make sure nothing went wrong.

"Leah is performing some kind of activity that requires them to have their hands tied," Leon spoke in my ear. "Something about blood flow."

All of that talk completely went past me. The only focus in my head was his blood. I wanted his blood splattered across his own bedroom – painting the most satisfying picture.

"The deaths will be quick. No messing around," I warned with my head turning over my shoulder to face my men. They looked up at me and nodded their heads slowly.

"Are you splitting off from us?" Leon questioned.

"Yes," I nodded my head. "I'll murder Antonio. You murder the right-hand men."

"And then we leave?" Matteo continued with a raised brow.

"Yes. There are no reasons to stay."

My men bowed their heads to inform they understood.

I looked back and made sure everything was in perfect order. My men watched me carefully – waiting for my next command. They looked up to me; I was their King. The man that had always led the pack.

And I'd make sure that I made them proud.

"We'll leave at 10." I told them with my feet turning as I made my way out of the office. I heard them start their conversations after I'd left – discussing their personal plans for the night.

As I walked down the hallway I thought about the relief I'd feel when I shot Antonio. The happiness that would burst inside of me – for my family that have been taken away by his evil hands.

A few hours later

I stood and watched her face move carefully in concentration – her gentle hands straightening my tie. Her sparkling eyes met mine and I couldn't help but smile widely at the sight of her. I'd never known anyone so beautiful in my life. The corners of her mouth quirked up and she raised an eyebrow. "You better come back to me."

I nodded my head and brought my lips to her forehead. Her hands moved up my chest before she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and kissed my lips. It was a passionate kiss but so gentle and loving at the same time.

My stomach flipped.

"I love you." I whispered against her mouth.

"I love you too." Her voice was soft as she moved away and flattened my blazer. "And I'll see you soon."

Just at that moment –  I felt something tugging on my pants. I looked down and noticed Arianna standing with her large eyes blinking up at me. Kneeling down, I held her waist and smiled lovingly at her.