Kneel

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Waves splashed upwards, and the term soaked was an understatement. Neither party cared, however, since the other was overjoyed for that time.

Their fingertips no longer touched. Rather, Edmund kneeled down on one knee. His one pant-leg became coated in sand before water washed up against the edge of it. From his back pocket, he removed a small, black box. (F/n) recalled him asking her opinion on the matter of what metal she liked most, but that had been all. She had answered gold.

He snapped the box open before a gold engagement ring displayed itself. The top part of the ring was shaped into a rose, and she smiled at the thoughtfulness of the design. In the center was a single diamond. It was simple but sweet and elegant; it was ideal. Her eyes, though, soon moved to his. "Will you marry me, (f/n)?"

A larger smile hit her lips. Maybe, it was foolish to agree to an engagement after only about two and half months of knowing him. Perhaps, it was even more so since he had been in love with her before she ever had spoken to him. Her heart ached, however, and the cautions in her mind were thrown into the shadows. Like she had told herself before, she had to trust him. An alternative just wasn't acceptable, especially in the current moment.

"You already know the answer." A smile caught his lips. (F/n) leaned down and cupped his cheeks before she kissed him gently. Her heart was swelling at that point, and she couldn't help but grin into the kiss. Edmund smirked midway through as his right hand grabbed her left. She felt the metal slip onto her ring finger, but she didn't cast a glance towards it presently. He was more pressing.

Edmund slipped the box back into one of his back pockets, but the slight focus on that action caused him to lose concentration on his one knee, which was sinking into the wet sand some. His knee slipped when he applied too much pressure to it, and his balance became off. Instantly, his hands gripped the sides of her waist as he toppled to his right side. A slight yelp of surprise left her lips before water crashed around and over part of them.

Her head wasn't under water for long since he lifted both of them out of it. Both of them coughed simultaneously. She positioned herself beside him, regaining her breath, before a smile and then laughter broke out from her. (F/n) pushed some strands of hair back from her face and shifted her eyes to his. "Looks like we both got drenched after all."

Another wave came up and crashed against them. She closed her eyes momentarily before she wiped the new water off of her and opened them again. "We should probably move, though." (F/n) went to get up but Edmund pulled her back down. Her hands ended up grabbing hold of his shoulders while her legs straddled his hips.

An amused smirk coated his lips. "Like you had said, we're soaked already. We might as well enjoy the water some." Water splashed against his back, and she used his chest as a shield to her face. When she peered back up at him, mirth still covered his countenance. His expression caused her to shake her head in slight laughter before she sat up some on him.

Gently, her fingers combed through his pitch black hair, but as usual, a few strands remained at the front curled. "The water does help hold your hair back." He leaned into her touch, and she tilted her head down and closed her eyes when more water came up. Before she reopened them, her lips were pressed against. Her fingers slipped down from his hair to his chest.