Ivy

I thought that I was dreaming when you said you loved me
- Frank Ocean

With the flash of a camera, the pair become momentarily blinded by the bright light.

Niall and Charlotte stand side by side with their formalwear on, Charlotte standing stunningly in her pale blue dress with golden trims, Niall in a smart looking navy tuxedo and pants with a white shirt buttoned up while leaving one button undone. His arm is loosely wrapped behind and around her lower waist, whereas hers sits on the opposite side of his chest.

The couple is all ready for Charlotte's nursing ball, having their photos taken by an insistent Jade. She couldn't help but gush over how attractive her best friend and boyfriend look, adamant that she will take photos of the pair to remember the moment.

It is a rare moment that Niall would ever be on this side of the camera, so used to capturing moments rather than becoming the model. Like a deer in the headlight, Niall is not sure how else to pose, but to smile awkwardly and stand like a couple going to their high school social.

"You two are so gorgeous, I feel like a proud mother excited for my babies going on their first formal event together," Jade squeals, causing Charlotte to blush at her friend.

Once the couple is finished with getting their photos taken, Charlotte embraces her friend in a tight hug. She hears Jade mumble a few things about staying safe, calling her if anything went wrong and to use protection. Charlotte laughs, rolling her eyes playfully but promising she would make sure that she would be careful in case anything happens.

"Goodbye you absolute gems," Jade calls, waving ecstatically alongside Sabrina and Théa.

"Love you all, bye!" Charlotte calls back, blowing kisses to her friends as Niall begins reversing from the driveway and drives towards the venue for Charlotte's nursing ball.

The energy around the pair once they walk toward the venue is vibrant. Just like them, there are plenty of couples and groups of people surrounding the entrance in their formalwear, chatting loudly.

Niall grasps Charlotte's hand and squeezes it softly to remind her of his presence, causing a soft chuckle to erupt from the plump lips he became ever so familiar with. They quickly turn into a toothy grin, smiling back eagerly at Niall.

"Thank you for coming here with me," she whispers softly, admiring the newly brunette boy.

His brown locks were styled into a quiff, his bright blue eyes glisten under the fluorescent lights that surround the couple. His face which is normally adorned with light stubble is clean-shaven, accentuating the structure of his jawline.

"I get to see you dressed so prettily, it really is my pleasure," He coos. "You're always so beautiful, but tonight I could swear I'm looking at descendant from heaven."

"I swear you're a dairy farmer with the amount of cheese you produce," Charlotte giggles, planting a light kiss on her boyfriends' lips.

They begin walking closer toward the entrance and are greeted by people along the way, earning compliments from random girls. They are immediately offered glasses of sparkling white wine, to which the pair accept.