Start

Izuku Midoriya was anything but normal.  Call it what you will, he wasn't like the other students that attended his middle school.  While all of his classmates possessed some type of super power, he fell short.  Quirkless.  Needless to say, his classmates wanted nothing to do with him, and when they did it wasn't for good reasons.  Maybe it was his quirkless status, his fidgety nature, or maybe his cloudy left eye, he didn't know why they hurt him so ruthlessly.  It frustrated him, not having a power he could show off, but he wasn't powerless.  He just wouldn't allow himself to fight back.  Izuku was not human.

~

"You all want to get into UA don't you?" the teacher asked as the classroom exploded into cheers, showing off their quirks.

"I'm going to get into UA!" one cheered.

"Me too!" another cheered.

Izuku didn't know any of their names.  How was he supposed to know? The only times people talked to him were to hurt him.

"All of you just shut up," a blonde-haired kid sneered, "I'm the only one from this damn school who has any chance of getting into UA."

"You think you're better than us?" some random kid yelled.

"Hell yeah, you damn extra!" the explosive blonde smirked.

The teacher rolled his eyes, "settle down," he grumbled as he looked through his papers, "Well Katsuki, you certainly have the strength and the grades.  Maybe you will make it into UA."  The teacher looked slightly proud, like he somehow had something to do with it.

"Of course, I'm going to make it, have you seen me?  I'm going to be greater then All Might himself!" he declared confidently.

As the teacher scanned the papers in his hand something caught his eye, "Hey, Midoriya, didn't you want to go to UA too?"

Deathly silent.

The teacher tried to hold back his own chuckle as the class burst into laughter.  Of course, Midoriya wanted to go to UA.  The little freak in the back of the classroom, he just loved watching him squirm.  He was quirkless anyways he didn't belong in his society.

Izuku shoved his face into his arms and tired to make himself smaller as his classmates ruthlessly barraged him with insult after insult.

"Seriously?  You're quirkless you know."

Of course he knew.

"That has to be a joke."

It wasn't a joke

"That's so pathetic!"

Yeah, it really was.

"Deku!" the explosive blonde named Bakugou yelled loudly.

Izuku flinched at his voice and tried to curl even smaller before he was propelled out of his seat by an explosion.  Izuku violently snapped his head up to look Bakugou in the eyes before shuffling on the ground until his back hit the wall.  Trapped.

"Do you actually think you could make it into UA!?" he yelled.  All he did was yell.  Izuku didn't like it.

"M-maybe if I t-try my hardest-" His stutter always made his arguments sound weak, and he guessed made Bakugou even more angry that he usual cut him off mid-sentence.

"There's no way in hell they'll let some quirkless, useless, freak into a place like that!" he smirked again.

"I don't- I want- I guess-" Izuku really had a hard time, and he knew that pissed Bakugou off even more then he already was.