thirty

Leta slowly walked, heels clicking, into the Lestrange mausoleum lined with sleeping statues of dead Lestranges

Leta slowly walked, heels clicking, into the Lestrange mausoleum lined with sleeping statues of dead Lestranges. Jacob was backed against the wall next to Nagini in snake form, who was repeatedly lashing out at Kama, who was trying to kill Credence.

"Move back! Move! Out of the way! If I must kill you as well as Corvus, I shall!" Kama shouted to Nagini.

Leta raises her wand at Kama, who swung around to see her. "Stop," she commanded.

She walked forward. Kama was mesmerized. She resembled his mother so well. He moved toward Leta, studied her face in the darkness, transfixed and moved by the sight of her.

"Yusuf?" Leta questioned.

"Is that really you? My little sister...?"

Newt, Neeki, and Tina walked in and exchanged confused glances with each other.

"So he's your brother? Who am I?" Credence asked.

"I don't know," Leta answered, gulping.

Credence faced Kama unprotected, no longer fearing for his own life. Instead, he wanted to know more about his life. "I'm tired of living with no name and no history. Just tell me my story - then you can end it."

Kama sighed. "Your story is our story." He gestured to Leta.

"No, Yusuf - "

Kama ignored Leta's plea. "My father was Mustafa Kama, a Pure-Blood of Sénégalese descent and most accomplished. My mother, Laurena, was equally high-bred - a noted beauty. They were deeply in love. They knew a man of great influence from a famous French Pure-Blood family - Corvus Lestrange. He desired her. Lestrange used the Imperius Curse to seduce and abduct her. When I was twelve, I tried to pull my mother back, but she kept walking to him. He blast me away with a spell, then took my mother. That was the last time I ever saw her. She died, giving birth to a little girl." He stared straight at Leta. "You."

Leta was crying, her lips trembling as she looked at Kama.

"The news of her death drove my father insane. With his dying breath, my father charged me to seek revenge. Kill the person Lestrange loves best in the world... I thought at first it would be easy... He only had one close relative - you. But - "

"Say it," Leta commanded, voice trembling.

"He never loved you. He remarried not three months after her death. He loved her no more than he had loved you... But then his son, Corvus, was born at last. And that man who had never known love was filled with it."

Credence looked on, rapt. He was hungry to know more, while Neeki had to clue as to what was going on.