Attack!

Hiccup's POV

"Hnn..." I grumble as the morning sun makes me from my peaceful slumber. I haven't slept that well in ages. I stretch and yawn, then I get up and wake the other riders.

"Come on Hiccup...just a few more minutes..." Astrid groggily groans.

"We can't waste any time Astrid, the village will be wondering where we are." I quietly say to her. That seems to have done the trick. She grumbles and then gets up and stretches, I go wake the other riders.

"It was hard for me to get to sleep last night, I was so excited for what else we might find on this island!" Fanboy's Fishlegs.

I chuckle to myself and wake the twins, Astrid wakes up Snotlout.

"Wraa..." Yawns Toothless.

"You look tired, hard time sleeping huh?" I comment to Toothless.

He gives me the look that says 'What do you think?'.

Eventually, everyone wakes up and we start talking about what to do today over breakfast.

"Fish, seriously?! We might as well turn into fish ourselves!" Pouts Ruffnut tiredly.

"It was all we could find, so you'll have to deal with it. Unless you would rather starve." Responds Astrid sharply.

With that Ruffnut goes quiet and eats without another peep.

"I think we should just go home, I bet there's nothing interesting here anyway." Complains Snotlout.

"Even if we don't find anything special, we know Toothless was drawn here so there must be something about this place that he likes at least." Fishlegs states, proud of his knowledge.

We finish breakfast an start walking. But this walk isn't as quiet as it was yesterday, there are twig snaps here and there and the leaves rustle un-naturally.

"Hey guys, look at this!" Tuffnut calls from behind.

"What is it?" Fishlegs asks, exited.

"Probably nothing, you know him." Snotlout states smugly.

"Actually Snotlout, it isn't nothing. It's dragon tracks!" Astrid exclaims.

"Hmm, I know I've seen these before but I can't put my finger on it..." Fishlegs talks to himself.

Toothless nudges me, I guess he wants to follow them.

"Let's follow them guys, it looks like Toothless wants to." I state and they all nod and start following the tracks.

Toothless's POV

I am walking silently, paying attention to the tracks in front of me. I know we shouldn't follow them but if it helps me find out why I feel a connection to this place then we have to take the chance of running into another dragon.

"Why are we following these again?" Asks Hookfang, bored.

"Because if these tracks lead to something that can help me find out what it is with this place then we have to follow them." I respond, clearly concentrated.

"You mean YOU have to, I don't want to have anything to do with these tracks." Meatlug states. She looks a little scared, she, like Fishlegs, must recognize these tracks from somewhere. A bad recognize that gives out a bad feeling.

20 minutes later...

"I'm getting hungry, let's turn back." Stormfly complains, her belly rumbling slightly.

"Not yet, we're close I can feel it!" I say quickly. We cant turn back now, not yet!

"Me and Barf agree with Stormfly, we're getting hungry and feel like we should turn back!" Belch argues.

"Just wait a little lon-" I am cut off by a loud rustling of leaves and snapping twigs.

I look around frantically and so do the others, Hiccup takes out his sword, and the others their weapons.

Then suddenly, I remember the scent. Changewing. I should have known sooner!

"Alright, no sudden moves..." Hiccup half whispers.

Time seems to stand still. That is until acid is fired at us. Me and the others fire at the trees and the Changewings are forced out of hiding. Before you know it, we are firing everywhere. Meatlug and Fishlegs are trying to use dragon nip on the Changewings to make them docile. Snotlout and Hookfang are just firing wildly, Astrid and Stormfly are chasing them and shooting spines at them. The twins, and Barf and Belch are making rings of fire around the Changewings, making them have to fly up and out of the rings into plain sight of range for an attack. And finally, me and Hiccup and trying to back them back into the woods. However, this doesn't last for long because more Changewings show up and we are all surrounded. I stand protectively in front of Hiccup, I won't let them hurt him. I won't let them hurt him, NO MATTER WHAT. The Changewings ready their acid and we shut our eyes and wait for the impact. But it never comes. Instead we are all greeted with an ear splitting roar. We all look around for its source and then a large shadow dawns down over all of us. The Changewings get scared and fly off into the forest, leaving the rest of us here to deal with whatever made that noise. I look up to see who the shadow belongs to and I freeze on the spot. I tense up and I can tell the others do to. What I see are the same striking blue eyes I saw in my dream last night. Peering down at me, staring right into my eyes.