Nightmare

Twilight's POV

"Haha! You landed on your face!" He laughs.

"Now now Shadow, that's no way to treat your little sister." She scolds him.

"I'm just teasing her!" Shadow protests.

"I know dear, but sometimes teasing can go a long way." Mama tells him softly.

"Luna is right Shadow, you should know not to tease Midnight for being a little clumsy." He tells Shadow.

"Whatever, I'm sorry I laughed at you Midnight..." Shadow mumbles.

"It's oki brother." I forgive him easily.

"Obsidian love, welcome back." Mama greets Papa. Papa nuzzles Mama and regurgitates fish. I dig right in, I was beginning to get so hungry I thought I would bite my foot off. All of a sudden I hear footsteps, so does Mama, Papa and Brother.

"Alright kids let's go-" Papa is cut off by yelling humans. They grab Papa, Mama and Brother and put them in face cages.

"Midnight run!"Mama tells me. Brother, Mama, and Papa struggle to get out of the face cages and away from the evil humans. Then I see the humans take out sharp shiny pointy looking things.

"RUN!" I heard Mama scream.

All of a sudden the struggling and screaming stops. The humans brought down the shiny object and Mama, Papa, and Brother were gone.

"NOOO!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"NOOO!" I wake up yelling. I breathe heavily and I appear to be sweating. Just another stupid nightmare. I hear shuffling and struggle to look over at who it is. I see Toothless standing there in front of me and a weird wave of relief floods over me.

"Twilight, what's wrong?" He asks me quietly but gently.

"Nothing..." I growl.He walks over to me and lies down next to me.

"Twilight, I found you screaming, breathing heavily, and sweating. I don't think you're alright." He says softly to me.

"Fine, it was a nightmare...about my....family..."I admit to him.

"It's alright Twilight, I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispers kindly to me. I nuzzle him. I know I probably shouldn't but hearing those words made me feels safe and I felt much better admitting my sadness to him than keeping it to myself. My heart rate regulated and I felt calmer, I felt Toothless's wing come over my body, covering me like a blanket. I didn't really mind, I was warm and I felt safe for the first time in a long time. I fell asleep quick and Toothless did too.