Good Luck!

Twilight's POV

This is it, this is the day. The day I get to meet the people who want to be my rider. I honestly am really excited, I hope when and if I get a rider they will be a good rider because if not they are gonna bite the dirt to hard they will need other people to get the dirt out.

"Nervous?" Asks Stormfly.

"Yeah but mostly excited, I never dreamed a day like this would come." I confess to her.

"Well don't be, I do know it can be a bit stressful but you'll get used to the feeling." She shrugs to me in a comforting tone.

"Do you know just how many are coming?" I ask breathlessly.

"Last I heard Astrid talking about it she said about 20." She tells me plainly like it's nothing. 20?! That's a big number, I don't know how well I will be able to handle it but I will try. All of a sudden however before I have time to respond to Stormfly the arena door flings open and Toothless waltzes in with Hiccup by his side. Toothless and Hiccup walk over to me and I manage to hear talking from behind the arena door and catch a gimps of other humans whose scents I do not recognize.

"Hey Twilight, the people who want to be your rider are here. We are going to let them in one at a time okay?" Hiccup asks me gently, trying to understand my response. I give a brief nod and look to the arena door. Hiccup walks over to the door and starts talking to the first contestant, while back here Toothless starts talking to me.

"So you're sure you're ready?" He asks me, he sounds kind of nervous.

"Of course, why do you keep asking me? It's not like I'm going to disappear." I ask him, I don't understand why he cares so much. But I guess I will maybe kind of disappear, I mean I still plan to get revenge on my family's killers.

"I know but we might see each other as often when you get a rider." He tells me sadly. Seeing him sad pulls my heartstrings so I nuzzle him.

"I won't be in here as often but I promise we will keep seeing each other. Just because I will have a rider doesn't mean I won't have time for you." I tell him softly. At this he beams, I love his smile. It makes me smile and I always feel happy when I see it. The arena door swings open and the first contestant walks in holding their head held high, this one looks like it's only here because it wants a fast dragon that will win it races. Oh boy. Well, here we go, the start of a new chapter in my life. Let's do this.

1 hour later...

Toothless's POV

Well it's been an hour and all of the contestants have gone. There were a total of 24 contestants but only 12 made it. The first challenge was to try and get close enough to either feed or scratch Twilight. Only half made it because Twilight had pretty high standards, but most of the one that didn't make it she clearly didn't trust or like. I understood, I felt the same way about those humans. The next challenge would be to find Twilight in a maze and pretend to free her from chains. She looks pretty tired but seems determined to keep going. I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to see who makes it next.