Chapter 19

Katrin's POV

Kris has been avoiding me for a week now, she still prepares my lunch but rather than going to my office and talking about our kid while I eat she simply gives the food to Terry and leaves.

Terry had given me an earful after telling her what happened during the doctor's appointment. She said that Kris doesn't deserve to be treated like that and I should be prepared for Kris rebuttal.

Kris actions this past week clearly states she's pissed with me and it's affecting my work. I have been barking at everyone's work. This is really affecting me in so many levels it's becoming ridiculous.

Sighing for probably the thousand times today, I search my drawer for the tomato candy Kris had given me a few weeks back to ease my tomato craving. My appetite for tomatoes scares me, I'm afraid my kid will be all red when I give birth, God I hope not.

Great! just fucking great! I have consumed all the candies and I'm actually yearning for it more now. Where can I get another pack of that candy? My stomach is really not feeling well, I need that candy>

"Kat are you okay?" Terry said startling me.

"God Terry! can you not scare the crap out of me?!" I said a bit loud.

"Sorry Kat" Terry said both hands in surrender.

"I'm sorry also, I'm just having a tough morning and to make matters worst I don't have any more tomato candy and this little one is craving for it" I said holding my stomach.

"Oh, that's no problem. I'll call Kris and asks to get you more. I could buy it myself but that candy of yours is hard to find. Kris had to search the whole place just for those, it's crazy how you love them." Terry said getting her phone.

I'm really an idiot, Kris had been doing everything for me and our child and yet I couldn't even treat her good. I could have aknowledge that she is in fact the father of my unborn child by my fear of being redicule by being married to a lesbian was eating me up. Terry talking made me look at her.

"Hello Kris?"

. . . . . . . .

"No, nothings wrong. I'm just calling because Katrin wants more of those tomato candies"

. . . . . . . .

"Yeah, she had eaten everything. I think your kid is a tomato monster" Terry was laughing.

. . . . . . . .

"Sure, no problem. I think she can wait"

. . . . . . . . 

"Yeah, take care. I'll go and tell her. Bye" Terry said hanging up. I waited for her to talk but apparently, she wanted me to be anxious first rather than tell me right away what Kris had said.

"Well?" I said getting annoyed.

"Hold up! you're more scarier now that you're pregnant. No wonder everyone is hiding from you" Terry said with yet again raise arms.

"come on. tell me what Kris told you" I said getting impatient.

"Okay, just relax yourself. Geez!  Kris said that she'll go and get that candy of yours but it will probably take her an hour or so since the only store that sells those is located at the town next to ours and that she will come and give your lunch since she might not still be back  by lunchtime"

"Oh, she doesn't need to get me some if that's how far she needs to go" suddenly Terry's phone dinged, she quickly read the message.

"too late, she already left your food on my table. I'll just go and get it" she said walking out the door.

"why can she just come and give it to me personally?" I ask as Terry entered back.

"I don't know, maybe she's in a hurry to get those damn candy of yours" Terry answered as she prepares my food.

"this is not the first time she just leaves my food on your table Terry, she's really avoiding me and it's making my stomach upset" I said sounding sad.

"well, if you have treated her nicely in the first place you wouldn't be at this situation now. Here's your food, I never knew anyone. other than you, who could eat tomato sauce daily. It seems nasty" she said as she put my food in front of me.

"I can't help it, this kid of ours seems to be in love with tomatoes or something. Trust me, when this kid comes out I'll stay away from tomatoes for a long period of time" I said sniffing the aroma of my pasta. Kris sure knows how to feed us.

"I just hope Kris won't stay away from you for a long period of time or else you'll be a lonely woman with a tomato enthusiastic kid" she said laughing making me frown.

"Hey, I was just joking. Kris would never abandon you, she's too dedicated to this kid to even think of leaving you." She said while squeezing my shoulder and giving me a reassuring smile.

"I hope not. I really want for Kris and me to be okay, what should I do?" I ask Terry.

"you could start by apologizing to her and maybe talk how you will tackle this being married situation."

"How can I even apologize to her when she's been avoiding me?" I ask getting frustrated.

"Kat you need to relax, it's not good for the baby if you keep on getting upset. How about you eat your food first and then we'll talk about Kris later. okay?" she asks with a worried tone.

"Okay, thanks, Terry. Do want some?" I ask offering her.

"No offense Kat but I think I'll get sick if I eat another tomato infuse food and besides I know you and your kid will finish that all up just fine" she said walking to the door and waving goodbye.

Terry is right my kid's infatuation with tomatoes is creepy. Maybe I am carrying a tomato monster, although that would be adorable, I shake my head smiling at that thought.

I continued working after I have eaten all the food Kris had made and I can help but wonder how would it feel to go home every day to her cooking. She's really a good cook, all the food she had brought are delicious and different from the expensive food I have eaten in my life, it feels home.

After two hours of non-stop signing and reading papers, I was disturbed by Terry knocking on my door and entering with a huge bag on hand.

"What's that?" I ask not knowing whatever the bag holds as she put it on my table.

"That Mrs. Smith is your wife's answer to your tomato cravings, a huge bag full of tomato candies you could ever imagine and other tomato things" she said with a huff due to the bag's heaviness.

I opened the bag and I was mesmerized by all the candies, juice and fresh cherry tomatoes inside but what got my full attention was the small yet cute tomato plush toy inside. I immediately got it out and hug it, Terry was looking at me smiling.

"That's cute"

"Yeah, it's really cute and all this are amazing. I want to talk to Kris, Terry" I said with determination.

"Okay, I'll call her up" she said taking her phone out

"No, I want to go to her. It's the least I could do for all her trouble, I'll apologize to her for my bitchy behavior" I said getting out of my desk.

"Okay, I'll come with you"

"I have to do this alone Terry" I said to her fixing my self.

"I'm not involving myself with your talk. I'll go to Mary's office" she said smiling

"Okay, just excuse me for a bit" I said going to my private comfort room.

Walking inside I lightly fix my make up and straighten my dress, looking at the mirror I think I look good enough. I was walking to the door when I feel something on my leg, reaching for it I couldn't help but be pale. 

"Terry!" she quickly entered the room and look at my hand frighteningly

"Oh my God Katrin!" she said holding me.

"Call Kris" was my last words before it all went black.