Top Speed

Twilight's POV

Today is a new day. I woke up bright and early this morning and managed to wake up Kania to. Let me tell you she sleeps like a rock, and rocks don't even sleep! We have a quick breakfast and went out for a walk in the early morning breeze, it's gotten much warmer over night. I don't mind the heat though, it relaxing. We went to our special spot and played in the water for a bit before heading back to the village. When we got back the village was buzzing with talk and movement. Children were playing, teenagers were talking about their dragons and the adults were selling and buying stuff. At first, I thought today would be a boring day until Ruffnut and Tuffnut came up to us and told us to meet at the Dragon Racing rink. Barf and Belch told me it had something to do with my flying. When we got there we were greeted by Fishlegs, Hiccup and Astrid.

"I bet you're wondering why we called you here." Hiccup begins.

"It's because we-" Hiccup is cut off.

"We want to see how fast Twilight can fly!" Fishlegs interrupts Hiccup. Hiccup sighs.

"Yes... that's exactly right." Hiccup rubs his temple. I guess Hiccup wasn't planning on being interrupted.

"Okay sounds easy enough." Kania tells them.

"Well yes, for you. You won't be riding Twilight, she has to fly on her own." Astrid tells her.

"Oh, well, okay." Kania says reluctantly. She steps aside and sits next to Astrid, I stand on the start line and get ready to shoot off.

"Okay, ready..." Fishlegs begins.

"GO!" Hiccup shouts and I shoot off as fast as I can, I know where I'm going I just can't see because I'm going so fast. But I can tell where I am. I have no Idea how long it took me but before I knew it I was at the finish line. When I got there and landed I was panting heavily, I also noticed Toothless and the other dragons were here watching.

"Wow, that's a new record! Twilight beat Toothless's speed by 2 seconds!" Fishlegs exclaims, bouncing like a kid who just got a new toy. Toothless's eyes go wide in astonishment.

"No way!" Toothless says bluntly.

"Yes way, I just beat your record!" I boast. Toothless pouts and I laugh at him, the other dragons do too. We are just laughing at his pouty face.

"Well done Twilight, I'm so proud of you!" Kania says as she rushes over to hug me. I blow my breath into her face jokingly.

"Aw what ew ew, Twilight that's gross!" Kania laughs and plugs her nose before giving me a brief hug and patting my head. Everyone else laughs and Fishlegs updates the... Book of Dragons is what I think he called it? Toothless was telling me that he would beat MY record when he got the chance and I told him that would never happen. Then we had a record breaking war, we told each other our records and we would try to break them when the time came. When I fell asleep tonight I couldn't help but get the ominous feeling that something big was about to happen and that it would change my life forever. I chose to ignore the feeling but I never forgot it was there when I restlessly wandered into the realm of sleep.