Birthday Strolls and Unexpected Visits

*Hazel's Pov*

Ughhhhhhh, was all I could think of when I woke up the next morning.

I thrashed about in bed and finally threw off the covers after a few minutes. It was extra cold this morning.

I rolled over to my window and opened it. I looked out and was super surprised at what I saw.

"It's snowing... It's snowing! It's snowing!! It's snowing!!" I yelled excitedly as I ran downstairs in my Spiderman pajamas.

I ran into the kitchen. "Oh, morning Hazel." Cameron glanced up at me as he cracked open an egg and put it into the pan.

I ran up to him and jumped on his back, vigorously shaking his shoulders. "Cameron!! It's snowing! It's snoowwinnggg!!!"

"Woah, calm your tush!" Cameron's eyes popped out of his head when he almost fell because of me. He regained his balance and turned off the stove. He craned his neck to look at me. "Now, what's up?"

I took a deep breath and calmed down. "It's snowing. Today's the first day of winter that it snows. It's a few inches so I'm guessing it started sometime at night."

He scrunched his eyebrows. "Oh yeah. It's December already so it makes sense."

"You know, today's a very special day for another reason, too." I raised my eyebrows as I tried to hint at my birthday.

"Why?" He looked at me with confusion.

"Wha- don't you know why??" I hoped he remembered.

"Oh yeah, I remember now!" His face lit up and I smiled, relieved that he didn't forget. "My Santa Claus inflatable suit arrives in the mail today!" He exclaimed excitedly.

My face dropped. "What? No-"

"Gotta go check if it's here yet!" He interrupted. He ran over to the couch, dropping me on it, and ran outside to the mailbox. Why the heck was he getting an inflatable Santa Claus suit?

I lay there on the couch, extremely confused, and walked back into the kitchen. I sat down on a stool at the island.

I heard two yawns coming down the stairs. "Oh, hey Hazel." Daniel said as he walked into the kitchen along with Alan. Maybe they knew it was my birthday! I zoomed up in front of them and stood there, expectantly.

"Hey, guys! Isn't it a lovely morning we're having? It's snowing, and the air smells so much fresher! And there's something else, too!" I gave them a big toothy smile.

"Morning to you, too." Alan mumbled with a confused look as he walked past me and started the coffee machine. I saw him steal Cameron's egg off of the stove and put it on his own plate. Daniel followed and sat at the island with his face in his palm.

"So..... guys. Do you know why today is special? Extra extra special?" I batted my eyelashes and grinned.

"Uh, is it because......" Daniel drawled out then gasped. "Is it because Alan isn't wearing his Star Wars robe today? Yeah I'm really happy about that, too."

Alan looked back at Daniel and flipped him off. "Shut up! At least it's not a Power Rangers robe like yours!"

Daniel stood up from his place on the stool and walked over to Alan. "Hey, don't disrespect the Mighty Morphin Rangers like that!" He punched Alan's shoulder.

"They can't compare to a Jedi!" Alan punched back. They broke out into a physical/verbal fight about Power Rangers and Star Wars. I just stood to the side with the most puzzled look on my face.