A New Mission

Twilight's POV

I couldn't go back to sleep last night, I was too restless. So instead I hatched a plan all night on how I would get revenge for my family. I heard there is going to be a meeting today in the Great Hall for all the senior vikings and Hiccup. Also the dragon riders. Eret is going to be there explaining all that happened while he was in the west lands trading so I just have to listen to the Calder part and maybe get a hint of where he is. I will have to sneak in though, only Toothless is allowed in those kinds of meetings. Only when I stood up this morning did I realize how tired I was, I tried to sleep but I only managed to cram a few minutes in before Kania woke me up for breakfast. I ate as much fish as I could because I would need a lot of energy, to stay awake in general and stay awake listening to the meeting. Me and Kania went outside for a morning fly but my mind kept drifting elsewhere. What was I going to do when I found Calder? I can't ask him where Drago is but I can make him pay for what he did, I will figure out what to do with him when the time comes.

"Twilight, you seem distracted. Is everything okay?" I hear Kania ask, she pulls me from my thoughts. I look at her and nod, she looks uncertain but she nods. We land back in the village and I notice the elders moving to the Great Hall, the meeting must be starting soon! Me and Kania walk into a crowd of people and I manage to slip away, running to the Great Hall. By the time I get there the doors are already closed but I know how to get in, it's just a matter of being quiet enough. I look around to make sure no one is watching and when the coast is clear I slowly and quietly open a crack big enough for me to slip through in the door. I quickly slip through and close the door silently before quickly flying up the pillars and into the shadows. I was almost not quiet enough because I saw Toothless turn his head in my direction, but thankfully he didn't spot me. It's not that I don't trust him it's just that I don't want him to be involved in my problems. I jump from pillar to pillar silently until I am as close as I can get to the meeting and listen in as best as I can, they have just started talking about Calder.

"So as I was telling you before Chief, I overheard some dragon trappers talking about a guy named Calder." Eret begins, he seems uncomfortable talking about. Especially because Toothless is in the room, I guess I can respect he thinks of our feelings on the matter.

"Apparently he was an expert dragon trapper back in his day, especially in Stoker class dragon trapping. Word has it that Drago Bludvist hired him to kill Night Furies for him, and that cape of dragon scales was Night Fury pelt." Eret explains, he looks like he wants to barf. I almost did, how could someone be so cruel and disgusting? Did they have no regret or remorse at all for the lives they were taking? Now I just wanted to hunt Calder and Drago down even more, not just for my family but for all the other dragons that had to endure such terrible suffering.

"He retired from dragon trapping five years ago and has been spotted near the black market on the southern islands. From the way people speak about him he seems like a pretty well know fella, and feared as well." He continues more seriously, his face shows nothing more than a deadly serious expression that seems to peer into my very soul. I shake off a chill that was creeping down my spine and fixate my hearing on the rest of the conversation.

"Perhaps we should seek out this Calder person, he could have valuable information on where we could find other Night Furies. And what kind of habitats they would enjoy." Valka suggests, looking deep in thought. Yes, please let's go look for him!

"I understand where you are coming from Valka but we shouldn't go around looking for some person we have never heard of before while we still have a village to feed. The people and dragons here come first." Hiccup explains to her calmly, he understands where she is coming from but his duty is to his people first. Looks like I'm going to do this mission alone, I hate to even think about leaving Toothless, Kania and all my other friends but I just have to do this. The rest of the meeting is all about what is to be looked forward to in the future of Berk and what events are coming up, also about new fire prevention systems. When the meeting was over everyone in the meeting left, Toothless looked back a few times but never saw me. When I was sure they were gone I slid down the pillar and started trotting to the hall doors. I now know where Calder was last seen. When should I go? not today or tomorrow but soon. I also need to figure out where the black market is and how long of a strip it is to get there. I slither out of the Great Hall and start trotting off to the village to try and find Kania. I have a lot to think about.