Our New Joy: Part B Maternity Months

Twilight's POV

Month 1

For the first month of my pregnancy I have still been able to do my morning flights but no more races, it sucks. Toothless fusses over me a lot but I know he means well, he always makes sure I'm well fed and always keeps me safe. It gets annoying though, to be honest, I can take care of myself! But I know he does it out of love so I put up with it, besides I love him. I threw up once this month but Fishlegs says it should stop now, I'm very relieved. I would not like to throw up throughout my entire pregnancy. Though Fishlegs also told me that the time until I lay my eggs isn't even the beginning, I would have to wait more for them to hatch! So much waiting! But I do have things I can do while I wait, like helping to garden, locate animals for hunting and help Gobber with welding, melting and warming the things in the furnace for saddles, metal teeth and much more! It's not super exciting but it's better than nothing. I do, however, like helping the children of the village look for shells and other pretty things down on the beach. We found very sparkly aqua scales just the other day! They turned the scales into friendship bracelets, one scale for each of them. They gave me one too, I left it in my nest in the house but I make sure to keep it under the light so it sparkles! The first month isn't so bad, but I hope the rest of the months to come don't get too hard...

Month 2

The second month of my pregnancy I can still go for morning flights, I'm a little closer to the ground but can still fly and that's all that matters! Toothless still worries for me but is a little less clingy, which is good because he was kind of stressing me out. He still brings me fish every day and is always looking out for me, on rainy days he comes over and snuggles up with me to keep me warm. I'm not allowed outside on those kinds of days, it's sad because I enjoy playing in the rain. Oh well, it's not a huge loss. I can still do everything else I was able to in the first month but when I go out scouting for animals the people get worried expressions every now and then, always keeping a close eye on me. It's kind of embarrassing, it feels weird to have anyone other than Kania or Toothless watching me. The children don't go look for shiny things or shells anymore down on the beach but they do play games with me, like a game they call 'kick ball'. It's pretty fun! It's an easy distraction and you can't help but want to continue! Of course, though, everything has it's consequences and mine is that if I play it too much I get a cramp. It's not the worst pain but it's uncomfortable. I still don't know how long my pregnancy will last but I do know that I should probably be thinking of more things to keep me active and distracted.

Month 3

My third month of pregnancy. I go on shorter morning flies and closer to the ground, soon enough I won't be able to fly at all! Toothless spends more time with me, not the clingy kind but the relaxing and loving kind. I get tired more easily so Toothless bring me food and water. I'm not allowed to go scouting anymore, the people worry that if we run into something dangerous, like a wild, aggressive dragon, I could get hurt. I understand the concern but... ugh, I guess it is for the best... I don't like it but it's true. I get tired easily so I might not be able to get away. The children still play games with me, but we play calmer and slower games. Like passing a ball to each other or drawing. They always look confused when they look at my drawings, I wonder why? It was also Astrid's birthday yesterday, she turned twenty-three. It was a pretty big party, the bakers even created a special dragon cake for the rest of us. Don't know what they made it from but it was the most delicious thing I had ever tasted! I almost ate it all but Meatlug, of all dragons, held me back. I was still hungry after my fourth serving! Needless to say though, I slept like a rock that evening. A very warm, stuffed rock.

Month 4

On the fourth month of my pregnancy, I can't go for morning flights anymore. Instead, I go for morning walks with Kania like we used to do, I can't go far from the village though. I wish I could so me and Kania could go to our secret spot, I miss spending time alone with her. But I do like our walks, it's very relaxing. Toothless spends even more time with me, it's good to have him around. I've been very emotional lately, like I just all of a sudden get really sad when eating a fish. It really bugs me and I don't know why it's happening, a hormonal thing I guess... I'm not allowed to help Gobber anymore either! He says I could get hurt or over-exhaust myself. I can't even play games with the children anymore! The only thing I can really do now is go for walks and sometimes help with sorting and watering the crops, so I mostly lay down and rest. The only exciting thing this month is that Hiccup asked Astrid to marry him! I never even knew they were a thing, I just assumed they were very close friends. Of course, Astrid said yes though and they've decided to get married the beginning of next month. I'm so happy for them! I hope I can help in some way, I have nothing better to do. I also hope this means more dragon cake, because that stuff tasted like Valhalla made it from the sun!

Month 5

For the fifth month of my pregnancy, at the very beginning of the month, Hiccup and Astrid got married. Astrid was very beautiful, she was in a white feathered gown and wore a sort of crown. It had red minerals lasing the outside of it. She also had her hair in a double braid, like she made two braids in her hair and entwined them together. It must have taken forever! There was a dragon cake again, but the bakers made sure to make me a separate cake for myself. I'm very grateful for that, now I don't have to worry about anyone not getting a nice amount of cake. I still go on my morning walks but I have to stay in the village, I feel very contained. I know why they are making me stay but I feel so claustrophobic, I need to get out! I can't help tend to crops anymore, so I spend all my time resting and sorting and organizing my stuff at home. I draw with the children occasionally but not as often since Fishlegs comes by often now to check up on how I'm doing, he says I'm very close to the end. It's super relieving because I don't know how much longer I can bare this!

Month 6

(If you don't want to read through the awkward egg laying then skip to paragraph 4)

It's happening, I can feel it! It's time! I was just eating some fish as usual when I felt a jolt of pain go through my body, it felt like I was burning and being cut at the same time. I started breathing heavily but I could never manage to catch a full breath of air. I started walking back to the house, I needed to be safe and warm. Toothless saw me and came over.

"Hey Twilight, are you okay? You don't look to go-" Toothless asks but I stop him before he can finish.

"They're coming, help me!" I growled at him, not in anger but in pain. He stepped back in shock but then he rushed to help me to the house. Once we got there I laid down on the softest surface there was, the carpet. Toothless rushed off to find Fishlegs and I lay in pain, my breathing getting heavier and the pain getting worse. I was starting to get worried when none was showing up but soon enough Toothless and everyone else showed up in a hurry, even Gothi. It was kind of embarrassing having everyone here but I know they are just worried. Those who can't help stay on the side and pass things to those who need it. Gothi and Fishlegs put me on a softer carpet and got towels and water ready for me, Toothless lays at my side. He licks my face and tells me words of comfort. Things started getting blurry halfway through and I was just barely staying conscious. I would have passed out if not for the water being splashed on my face and in my mouth, but also because the first egg came out. I felt a new surge of love and joy go through me knowing that I was now officially a mother. Such a fragile egg was holding my child and I was the mother. I felt the energy come back to me and I pushed through the pain. Then came two more eggs, and another after that.

Finally at the end one more egg. It was over, the pain ebbed away and my vision started coming back to me. I felt all five eggs press up against me and I instinctively curled around them, my eyes puffed up and I felt Toothless put his wing around me. I looked at him with so much love and joy, his eyes were puffy too. I heard talking in the background and I faintly saw Kania come over and stroke me, whispering things to me. I was so tired I didn't hear what she said but I knew they were kind. With love in my heart, I fell to sleep in Toothless's embrace and the sweet words of Kania. It was the warmest feeling in the world.