"Like a gang."

I wish people came with a 30 second trailer. Just so I knew what I was getting myself into with the man.

I felt an odd sense of security with him.

Knowing about his species made me foolishly feel some kind of trust towards him. Which is kind of stupid because that would mean if by any chance he was a threat, he would have more strength to put me down. It was the epitome of naïve, but I couldn't help it. Technically if he wanted to hurt me, he would have already. Right?

"Penny for your thoughts?" he sideways glanced at me before focusing on the road once again. "Ah, you know what, make that a burger for your thoughts. I'm feeling hungry. You down for a burger?" he asked without a care in the world with one hand out the window holding a cigarette.

I had been quiet the whole car ride. My head was all over the place. I felt like I needed to get myself in check but something in the back of my head told me was questioning my motives. For some reason everything felt normal.

Like I was worrying my head over nothing. I couldn't make sense of it and it was driving me insane.

It had come to my attention that Mr. werewolf here wasn't very polite. He started taking us towards a local diner without my approval whatsoever. He didn't even wait for my response.

A frown made itself present on my face as he walked out the parked car. He was making his way towards the door of the diner until he finally realized my absence. Jogging back before coming to the passenger door of his car.

"My bad, princess. Will you bless me with your honor and dine at this fine diner with me?" he held the door open with his weight followed by a big charming smile.

"Wouldn't it be smarter to have a conversation away from the public?" why was I refusing to be in a public setting with a man I didn't know?
After agreeing to grab the food and have it in the car, minutes later he came back with a large brown paper bag.

While eating was my all-time favorite hobby, when my mind was full my stomach couldn't fandom anything.
So, I settled down on a milkshake while he gobbled down his burger.

"Right down to business huh?" I hummed in response causing him to wipe his mouth and put his burger away. I watched as his fingers intertwined in the air and his body shift forward. My body unconsciously mirrored his movement and I leaned in.

His gaze was nerve wracking. He blinked before a bright smirk bloomed on his face.

His lips parted and he muttered the biggest bomb on me in the stupidest way possible.

"I'm an alpha."

I blinked.

A few seconds passed.

My brain finally analyzed the information it was given.

"Oh." A polite way to say, 'oh fuck'.
Alphas are practically a myth. They're a legend.

Werewolves genes have been diminishing. Interbreeding between humans has caused them to start fading away as the human genes have started to become more dominant.

Hence the reason why I couldn't recognize the alpha Infront of me in the first place. My senses weren't as strong as of a full-blooded werewolf. I'm only one eighth wolf.

There was just a miniscule population of werewolves left in the world and even that little population had no way of contact with the poor excuse of werewolf senses we had now. We were all living in different parts of the world. Or at least that's what my mom had told me.

She was the only other werewolf I knew of so everything I knew about my ancestors and my means of existence rooted from her. I was also told not to ever tell others about us to prevent avoidable danger.