17

(PETER POV)

Probably shouldn't.

Mr. Stark stared at me in horror. I've never seen him so agitated and annoyed over something, even though I broke into his tower once.

"You're going to pass up a chance to go to germany and fight with the avengers," he lectured, "because of some girl you've known for a month?"

Woah. how did he know about Mila? I couldn't go to germany and leave us in the place that we were. I don't know what was going on between us, but something just didn't feel right. I couldn't leave her like that.

"How did you know about Mila," I asked, "I never said anything about how long I've known her..."

"I know everything boy," he spat out, "so I'm going to walk out of this room, and tell your aunt you're coming with me."

"Bu-"

"No buts. You're not going to pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity because of her."

He slipped out of the room and shut the door behind him.

........

I had two days to pack for my trip to germany, and I completed it all in one.

I spent most of my time trying to call Mila, but every time I was left at her voicemail.

I didn't realize I could miss someone so much, especially since I've only known her for a couple month now. Ned had been texting me, asking why I haven't been showing up to school, but under Mr. Stark's specific orders, I wasn't allowed to say a word to anyone I knew.

"Are you all packed?" May said, peeking her head through my door way, "your big flight is tomorrow!"

"Yeah, May. I am."

She paused, and looked at me with a surprised face. Stepping into my room, she walked over to where I was sitting on my bed.

"Pete, are you okay?" she asked, "I'd think you'd be excited for Germany, not sad!"

"I'm excited," I mumbled, "but I have a lot on my mind right now."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

She sent me a disappointed look, but got up from where she was sitting. Waltzing out the room, she slowly shut I behind her.

"Chinese food?" I heard her ask through the door.

"Sure."

I wanted to know where Mila was, and why she was leaving. Why couldn't she just tell me? I grabbed my phone again, and pulled up her contact.

I stared at the stream of messages from my end, and let my heart drop when I remembered she hasn't answered any of them. I swallowed my hope, and typed in one last message.

Me:

Hey Mila, I know you probably won't respond to this. But if it's the least you could do, just tell me where you're going. If we can't see each other now, maybe one day in the future I'll buy a plane ticket to see you.

Please.

I waited for a couple seconds, begging her to respond. But I gave up anyways. Throwing my phone across the room, I laid down on my bed in anger.

My life is a mess, but it's also working out for me at the same time. How the heck does that even work?

Bzz

My head shot up when I heard the sound of my phone buzz. Leaping out of my bed, I tossed around clothes and hangers to find where I threw my phone. My heart was pounding, and I was frantic.

Once I spotted it in the corner of my closet, I grabbed it and clicked the home button.

Mila:

Germany

I smiled. 

I guess I'd see her again after all.

........

I wrote an Aidan Gallagher Fanfic for those who are interested lol

feel free to check it out on my profile :)

.....