Chapter Twenty Six

Bella's room was the back half of the second floor and the attic combined because of her loft where her bed is. She has plain white walls, with the occasional black and white photo of her family down on the main level. Windows lined the walls, opening the room up into the forest behind the house. There was a piano in the corner, facing the window and a violin attached to the wall over her desk positioned under the loft.

Bella leans against the ladder, watching Hale wander around her room, looking at things. He smiles at her baby pictures and the picture of her at the base of the Eiffel Tower. "I've always wanted to go to Europe." He murmurs out loud, moving on to the wall holding her childhood violin.

"That's the first instrument I ever learned to play." Bella pushes off the ladder, walking over to stand next to him. "I was part of my school's orchestra. One day we played a special concert for the kids with disabilities." She smiles at the memory of their faces lighting up.

"They loved it, it changed their entire attitudes. They got up and danced, they laughed and played, something they usually didn't get to do. And that's why I want to teach kids with disabilities how to play music."

Hale looks over at Bella with an intensity in his eyes that makes her stomach flip. Before anything else can be said, he grabs her by the hips and pulls her into him, crushing her lips to his. He wrapped one arm around her waist to lift her up to his height and the other around her upper back, tangling his fingers in her hair. She gripes his shirt, gasping when he slightly tugs her hair. Hale takes this opportunity to introduce his tongue to hers.

His kiss is passionate, yet gentle. Bella can feel all of his pent up emotion coming through in the way his lips move against her with intent. Hale walks them forward, until Bella hits the desk. Then he lifts her up, setting her down so he can just stand between her legs. All the while their lips never disconnect. Bella loosens her grip on his shirt to run her fingers through his hair, massaging his scalp as she does. He groans into her mouth, his hands moving from her hips to the hem of her shirt.

Hale pauses for a amount, rubbing the material between his fingers. He waits for her to tell him to stop, but instead she grips his wrists and slides his hands up her shirt. He touches the soft skin underneath, running his fingertips over the bare skin teasingly, drawing goosebumps to the surface. Bella moves away from his lips to pepper his jawline with kisses. She presses her lips just below his ear lobe and causes him to shudder. Smirking, she moves to his neck, leaving open mouth kisses as she trails down. Before either of them can get any further, Hale pulls away.

"You're going to kill me." He mumbles, chest heaving as he tries to catch his breath.

Bella scoffs, her lips beginning to swell. "You attacked me." She reminds, straightening her shirt.

Hale rolls his eyes, "I was given specific instructions not to make a living Abbey tonight. I don't want to break my promise."

Bella thinks about this, her cheeks heating up at the thought. That with Hale has crossed her mind. Of course it has, he's almost irresistible. Hale looks over at her and sighs, the little pout in her lip calling for him to kiss it away. He steps back in between her legs and captures her lips with his again for one last kiss.

"You're so damn captivating." He mumbles, pulling away from her for a second. She smiles at him, wrapping her arms around him again.

"And you're quite irresistible." She breathes, leaning forward again. She kisses him again before pulling away. "What's your favorite time of day?"

"Just before sun rise," He tilts his head to the side, it was a random question. She nods, her face thoughtful.

"Why?" She questions.