August 17, 1960

"I want you to marry me Diana," George said, down on one knee while holding out a single diamond ring.

"George!" You gasped, looking down at the young, dark haired boy.

"I know we're young, but I love you. And I want to be with you, will you marry me?" You saw his eyes sparkle, waiting eagerly for your reply.

You nodded your head vigorously.

George slowly put the small ring on your finger and stood back up to his feet. He pulled you close to him and gave you a soft kiss on your lips.

You could already hear the wedding bells.

Wait.

Those weren't wedding bells.

"Wake up Diana! Your alarm clock has been going off for ages!" You sat up in bed to see Paul stomping out of your room.

You leaned over your bed and turned the clock off.

While you sat in bed for a moment, you realized what day it was. A day you had dreaded for weeks on end.

The boys were leaving for Hamburg this afternoon. That meant George was leaving.

You gloomily got out of bed and got ready for the day. You didn't want George to leave, nor did you want any of the other guys to leave.

*~*~*

4:35 PM

You felt the cool sea air blowing through your hair, and you could strongly smell the salt water.

You had already said goodbye to Paul, and he was waiting on the boat already.

You saw Cynthia down the dock hugging and kissing John goodbye.

You waited patiently for George to say goodbye to his parents. His mother was crying, as you were sure you were going to as well.

Louise handed him a basket and gave him one last kiss on the cheek before Harold slowly pulled her away.

You saw George open the basket and roll his eyes with a smile. He then turned to you and ran towards you quickly, with a big grin on his face, but softened when he saw the sullen look on yours.

"You look so sad Diana..." he said, setting the basket down at his feet.

"Why wouldn't I be," you said, trying not to cry, but on the verge to.

"I'm sad too darling, but it's only for 2 months. It'll go by so fast you wouldn't even know I was gone! Everything will be fine, okay?"

"Okay," you said, agreeing with George, "What's in the basket?"

"Oh, that?" he chuckled, "My mother packed us loads of sandwiches. What's new?"

You laughed as well, she always did those things for George.

"Let's get a roll on Harrison!" The two of you looked over and saw John standing up on the boat yelling at George.

"Its time to go," George said, looking down at you.

"Yeah..." you said quietly.

George pulled you into his arms and gave you a big hug.

You felt tears streaming down your face on to the shoulder of George's coat.

"No no no! Don't cry Diana," George pulled back from you and wiped your tears away, "You'll make me cry if you keep doing that!" 

You smiled at him while he picked up his basket.

"I love you," you said as he started walking away.

"I love you too. I'll call you when I have the chance, or I'll write," he replied, looking over his shoulder.

You crossed your arms over your chest as you watched George hop on the boat.

It started to drive away not long after that. The boys waved at you until they passed the end of the dock.

You suddenly heard a pair of high heels walking up to you.

It was Cynthia.

"Did you tell him?" She asked.

You shook your head 'no' while wiping some more tears away.

"Diana! You said you were going to tell him!" She exclaimed, stepping in front of you.

"I couldn't Cyn. I wanted to but I couldn't. I didn't want him to worry, or stay back with me when this is the biggest break they've ever had."

Cynthia shook her head, "Well you better tell him the next chance you get. You've been holding this off for way too long," she then walked away from you in disappointment.

You felt yourself choke up in tears, and you let out some short, shaky breaths.

You were pregnant.

And you hadn't told George.

You had known for about a month now, you had even went to the doctors to find out for sure. At that time you were about 1 month pregnant, now you were 2, almost done with your first trimester.

You still weren't showing, barely at least, thank god, George would've then found out before.

You were just too young to have a child. You had thought about abortion, but didn't want to do it until you and George had talked it over.

You didn't want to get an abortion, but how could you raise a child when you barely had any money? It was soon going to be too late to get the baby aborted anyway if you didn't tell George to even talk about it.

You had also thought about putting the baby up for adoption, but that also seemed cruel to you for someone who's always wanted a baby.

It was just too early.

-
-
-
Hey guys! I'm back¿
Am I redeeming myself for George's BDay? Possibly???
Anyways, thank you guys so much for 8k reads, almost 9k actually. The last time I published I only had 3k reads, omg! I guess people read when I dont publish?🤔😂 But still, thank you so much!!💜