Chapter 23

"NO!" Tanya shouted when she awoke from her frightening nightmare. She jolted her body upright to find herself back in her hospital room. She looked around only to see Oliver and Kaleb shouting at one another. She looked at the bickering two in confusion. She seen Chloe to her right by the heart monitor machine on rollers as she coward in fear. Her nightmare was becoming a reality.

When she seen Oliver knock down Kaleb her eyes bulged in fright and surprise, he then kicked Kaleb in his abdomen, and cradled her new born baby in his arms. He proceeded to retrieve Chloe who was backing away towards the wall staring up at her father cautiously.

"Chloe, come baby," Oliver enticed gently. "Come on honey, I'm not going to hurt you." He cooed.

"You touch her... and I'll break your fucking fingers." Tanya warned as she intervened. Oliver tensed as he stood remotely still with the baby boy in his possession. "Give me back my baby...and get the fuck out of my sight." She stressed venomously.

Kaleb rose to his feet clutching his aching stomach as he stared at his cousin deathly. "Get the fuck out."

Oliver turned to Tanya and narrowed his eyes at her. "After all I've done for you...you're going to do me this way. I faked my death for you...so we could be together, what is the meaning of this? Plea-please tell me it's not because of my cousin." Oliver said as he scoffed and laughed humorlessly after Tanya didn't respond.

"You never loved me Oliver. If you did, you wouldn't have betrayed me, like you did your wife...and your country." Tanya said truthfully. "Admit it...you were going to take my children...and runaway with your wife. It'd never work, I don't know what you thought you were going to accomplish...but-"

"You thought I was going to take our children away from you?" He narrowed his eyes at her hurt by her words. "I'd never do that to you, like you did to me. I was going to take them to the home I gotten had built for us in the Everglades. Where we could live in peace from the world...I chose you-don't you see that?"

"Yo-you shouldn't have done that. You belong with your wife, if you really wanted to be with me, you would've asked for divorce months ago when we were all in your father's home office, you would've told them straight up that you wanted me. But you didn't, I love you, but I'm not in love with you. You're a coward. I suggest you go back to your family and you lap of luxury, because I'm not going anywhere with you." She said authoritively as she stared him straight in the eye not once showing any signs of playing around.

Oliver's eyes searched hers for reassurance. When he didn't get a hint of getting her to change her mind, he looked down at the baby staring up at him with his bright blue grey eyes, he smiled sadly at him, as a tear shed onto his blue blanket.

"D-don't do this Tanya." He begged as he held the baby close to him. He didn't even realize he'd fallen to his knees crying into the baby until Chloe stood by her father rubbing his back to sooth him. He looked up into his daughters brown eyes and smiled sadly at her.

"Dwn't cwy daddee." She cooed as she wrapped her arms around her father's neck.

He stared up at Tanya as if she was ripping away his heart, and she was.

"I'm begging you...pl-please don't do this." He begged shaking his head at her.

"Go home Oliver. Leave us alone." She concluded as she looked away from him and stared straight ahead, she hated to see him cry it broke her heart as well as his, but she was sick of all he'd put her through.

Oliver held onto his daughter for dear life before kissing her forehead longingly then his son before handing him back to his mother. He slowly walked to the door to make his exit in a daze. Tanya stared at his retreating back. Oliver felt the anger growing within him as he walked back down the hallway, people looked at him in shock, but he didn't care, he only cared about the family that he'd given it all up for, there was no way in hell he was letting this go lightly. Hell no, he was getting what he wanted, he just needed a plan, but first he was to return home. Everyone's going to have a field day when the pictures hit the press that bystanders were taking of him in the hospital.