Chapter 5

Artemis (Third Person POV)-

The Goddess of Moon, Hunt and Archery was on a cliff overlooking the ocean. An overhead tent with no walls was raised their. There was a table and carpentry tools were littered on it. Artemis was making new arrows for the hunt that was happening next day.

She fixed the metal tip on the shaft and hammered it lightly to fix it. She then held it steady in her hand to see if it had bent. It was straight. Satisfied she started to sharpen it. After that she put the arrow in a quiver leaning on the table and picked up another shaft and feathers.

Nadia was serving her today. "My lady, if don't mind may I ask you a question?" She asked.

"Hmm!" Artemis had an eagle feather in her mouth.

"Thank you, my lady. You have a Quiver of Infinite Arrows, but still you are making new arrows and mostly use normal quiver. Why?"

"I don't have much to do Nadia. I do this to pass the time and I like doing it. Are you an archer, Nadia?" Nadia shook her head. "Then it will be hard to understand for you. An archer needs to be accurate. If the arrows are limited, she won't waste them on unnecessary shots or the shots she's not confident about. It will increase the accuracy and focus of an archer. And if she makes her own arrows, she will appreciate their worth even more. It helps them sharpen their skills. It's similar to how a sword wielder works on her stamina and arm strength."

Nadia was looking at her surprised. Artemis saw that and chuckled. She then began working on her arrow again. She held it to check the straightness. Suddenly she noticed something in the distance. She put down the arrow and stood up. She walked over to the edge to take a good look.

She saw a massive wave coming towards the island. She quickly jumped from the cliff and landed on the beach below. The wave was closing fast. She walked over to water. Regular waves splashed at her feet.

The massive wave became small as it neared the land and vanished completely by her feet. She knelt and put her hand in the water. A shiver went through her. Her eyes widened. A shocked expression appeared on her face. Her heart filled with happiness and old memories.

Nadia came riding a horse. She was holding the reins of a beautiful white stallion behind her, it was Artemis's horse.

Artemis quickly climbed onto her horse and said, "Nadia, I'm going to my palace. You will go to the queen and bring her there." Nadia nodded in response. Artemis pulled the reins and horse picked up speed. Nadia followed behind her towards the city of Amazons.

Attuma-

Attuma was standing over a kneeling surface dweller. The human was wearing some kind of mask. Air bubbles were coming from it. The human was wearing very skin tight clothing. And had paddle shoes. A metal container on his back was connected to the mask by a pipe.

Attuma held a knife at his throat and cut the pipe. The human started thrashing. He started to swim away, but the chains around his ankle kept him in his place. A few moments later the human went limp and dropped to the floor. He died. It was satisfying and hilarious to watch them struggle for breath.

Suddenly a guard came running. He was just an entrance guard. They had to ask for permission to enter the throne room, but this one had interrupted Attuma. "My Lord! My Lord! There is an emergency. An Underwater sub is heading towards the city."

"Is that the emergency? A small ship is coming? Does one single ship look that threatening to you, that you think to disrupt my fun?"

"Forgive me my lord, but it is not the ship, but the creatures swimming with it concerns our captain. Also Lady Zartra's squadron has returned and is waiting outside the entrance. A giant looking surface dweller has also been spotted beside her."