Chapter 18

Chapter 18 - The Real Story Behind Him

8 months ago

His eyes glued on his reflection in the mirror, fixing his uniform and come along his tie next. After doing so, he then grabbed his bag and went downstairs straight to the living room.

"Mom! I'll be going now!" Said the boy, who has a smile plastered on his face.

The lady looked over to find her son, already walking towards her.

"Alright. Have fun in school, Ojiro." She bid him goodbye before he departed.

"Where's dad?" Asked the blonde, his head turning left and right, finding his dad in the house, just before he left.

The mother frowned in response, averted her gaze from her son. "He left already."

The other did the same, nodding back but soon turn that frown upside down, giving his mom the sweetest smile on his face. "It's fine! He's just busy, right?"

He then waved his mom farewell as he made his way to school. But that smile continued to grow bigger and bigger with his heart beating fast.

He couldn't wait. He was too excited to see her. He doesn't care about school or grades. He's only there for her. She is the reason why he's succeeding. She is his future itself. He just couldn't live without her.

He felt like the luckiest man in the world. Dating the girl he has fallen for years, was a dream come true, indeed. The perfect life he had with the perfect girl he loved.

"Ojiro!" There, the sweet voice he has been waiting to hear in his ears, called out to his name as his eyes followed the voice, showing the appearance of his girlfriend, Hagakure.

"Hagakure." Called Ojiro, making his way to her in her seat. "Good morning."

Hagakure was just a normal girl. She's not really popular or well-known. She had black hair, spectacles and always had her hair tied. She was plain-looking and there's nothing really special about her. Just a typical, invisible person no one pays attention to.

But Ojiro had all eyes on her. He loved the way she talks, the way she just smiles with everything he says, always helping him out and listens to his every problems. That's what made him fall in love with her.

She was a year older than him. They met in the same club and happened to be partners for these past years.

They gradually became close as friends to the point where they have romantic feelings for one another. So, one day, after how many years of staying in the friends state, Ojiro finally confessed his feelings for her. Of course, she accepted it and now they have been dating for a few months.

There was a time where Ojiro introduced Hagakure to his family. His mother was so happy for the both of them but his father has left a bad impression of her, not accepting the relationship. But Ojiro didn't care at all, and that's where it led to arguments and quarrels between the two of them.

The father then stopped talking to him after that. He told that if Ojiro does not break up with Hagakure, he will not say a word to him anymore. It was hard for him. There were a lot of problems going on but he tried his best to fix it everything.

"Good morning." Greeted Hagakure,  flashing a smile across her face.

"Your teacher isn't here yet?" He asked, taking a seat.

She shook her head as a response. "Anyways, how's you and your dad?"

Ojiro gave off a soft, faint laugh with an awkward tone in his voice. "We're okay, I guess."