Steve Rogers X Reader (Requested by @lumosxaly)

A/N- This imagine is for Wattpad user: lumosxaly. I hope you all enjoy it.

The last time Steve would look at you, he would be mad. That much you had known as soon as your plan had crossed your mind. There was no denying how angry you make him, even when doing what was right. He had never been properly angry with you before; he loved you too much to keep the stern look on his face, even when you were bickering. You had always been the emotional one of the two of you, fighting both of your fights so that he wouldn't have to.

In fact, you had been kicking up a fuss when you had first met him. Some obnoxious soldier at a dance had been eyeing you up all night and had made his move in a far more uncouth way than you had expected, his hand slipping under your skirt and landing on your thigh for only a moment before your fist connected with his face. "Don't fucking touch me," you had spat at him, scrawled out across the floor of the bar. You had received some dirty looks after that, the soldier scurrying back to his friends with his tail between his legs and his ego wounded. But the room had grown awkward, and just like that, you were on your feet, headed for the door.

"You okay?" The little voice had caught you off guard, and you span to face the man with a scowl etched onto your lips until you found Steve. Six foot something of perfect man, and by the looks of it honestly concerned for your emotions.

Your scowl softened into a small frown. "Yeah," you started, your voice slightly more broken than you had planned on it being. "I'm fine," you added, and his brows furrowed as he watched you.

"That guy's a jerk," he told you, moving over to one of the few little tables that lined the outside of the bar. It was empty out here, slightly too cold for anyone to be outside willingly when there was a warm party going on inside. He leant against the table, smiling at you softly as you followed him over. "Someone should'a warned ya' 'bout him."

You scoffed, "he's not exactly a rarity around here," you told him. "Guys put on a uniform and think they're owed something from anyone who sets eyes on 'em." You both fell quiet for a moment, and you pursed your lips for a moment, your eyes wondering over his uniform. "Not all of you, though, obviously."

"No," he uttered softly, giving you a small smile, "not all of us." You were silent, smiling as you glanced down the road, getting ready to excuse yourself from the situation and head home. "You should come back inside," he spoke, interrupting your thoughts, "my friend and I are having a couple a' drinks, we'd be happy for the company."

"Look," you started, your voice so soft it was barely audible, "this is really sweet, what you're doin' here," you paused for a moment, realising that you didn't know his name.

"Steve," he interjected, and you nodded.

"Steve, it's lovely for you to offer, but none of those guys want me in there, not after the fuss I just kicked up."

He frowned slightly, "then maybe I could buy you dinner." The words seemed to surprise him as they escaped his lips, but your smile seemed to calm his nerves slightly.

"I thought you were here with a friend," you told him, raising your eyebrows in question as you continued to grin at him.

"He'll understand."

His words caused a small chuckle to escape you, and like that he was hooked, completely in love with you.

You had been on a few dates after that, and he had quickly decided to introduce you to his best friend, Bucky. He was as goofy as Steve but with the confidence that he seemed to lack in most situations. When you were first met he had kept telling you how surprised he was that Steve had managed to meet someone and that he was so happy that you had come along for his Stevie when you had. To be honest, their friendship was sweet, and you loved sitting watching them laughing and joking together, seeing how much fun they had with one another.