Jay x reader: Lovable Idiot

Jay x reader
Type: fluff/goofy
As always, If you all want a part 2 or would like to see a story continued as its own book, comment or pm! 💖
Words: 721
Summer Vacation?
A trip to the islands?
Staying in a beautiful beachside condo?
Wow.
That's all that comes to mind to explain my awe. I can't process how amazing this feels.
I can't explain how excited I had been for this since I found out I was going to be going on vacation with my boyfriend, my best friends; my new family.

This was an amazing experience all in itself; the beach, the condo, the time away from home. That alone was amazing.
But it was even more amazing to me, because this was their tradition. This was something they did every year together; it was intimate, between family.
And I was there with them; that meant a lot to me. It made it all so much more special.

They had been so kind to me since we became friends; I had assimilated into the team, working alongside them- well, moreso behind the scenes like Misako. But still a part of the team; a part of their family.
It had started out with a class with Lloyd. Then he introduced me to the others. Then a crush on Jay. Then a date. And another, and another.
From there, our relationship blossomed; and somehow, it had turned into me being a part of this big, wonderful, messed up family.
Wu, Garmadon, Misako, Lloyd, Cole, Zane, Pixal, Nya, Kai, Jay, and y/n. All one huge, chaotically beautiful family.
I loved these people with everything in me; with my heart and my soul. They deserved it more than I can express, such kind and generous people. They were lovely.

But also, idiots.
Stupid, reckless, lovable idiots.

I mean, who the hell though it was a good idea to make an ice and water slip'n'slide?
On a beach?
With these idiot tenaged boys around?

Apparently us. I mean, there were some of us with logic; Misako, Garm, Wu, Pixal, and I. Even Zane and Nya- who made the damned thing- knew it was a bad idea. But good Lord, peer pressure is cripplingly convincing, huh?
... Plus we kinda thought it would be a little fun. To watch. Not to try. No way in hell, heaven, and wherever else that I was getting on that!

And fun to watch, it was for sure.
Kai was not even completely through the slide before Jay threw himself on out of excitement, the lighter ninja quickly catching up and slamming into a unsuspecting male.
The two slid along quickly to the end in a frenzy of yells, ramming into poor Lloyd's legs, who had just stood after making it to the end of the slide.
I watched as the blonde ninja fell on top of the other two with a shout of surprise.
And, the icing on the cake was Cole's exclamation of "Dog Pile!," followed by a chorus of frenzied "Nononono!"s from the three ninja who where, conveniently for Cole, already in a pile.
But Alas! T'was in vain, for the boulder of a ninja had done as announced, jumping atop the pile of brothers.
The pile of teens ending up laughing and shoving at one another, a mess of roughhousing, idiotic teens.

Soon, the four teens had stood, covered in water and sand. They were a total mess.
Snickering, I glanced over at them. "I didn't think you boys could become even more of a mess than usual, I'm impressed!" I stated boldly.
Jay snickered. "You'd know about being a mess, y/n!" he teased right back, approaching me with his arms spread.
"Just give this big mess a hug, and we can be big messes together!" Jay said, grin devious and playful as I stood, knowing what was about to happen.

We played a game of cat and mouse, Jay trying to catch me as I ran, until the lightening ninja scooped me up. He gave me a tight hug, picking me up off the ground in the process.
"I looove you!" He chortled out, knowing he had gotten me filthy.

I hid my smile with a huff, though my anger was clearly fake. He was too damn cute. Too sweet. I sighed, giving into the filthy hug as I rested my head on his shoulder.
"I love you too, idiot."

I can't help but let them grow on me.
Damn these lovable idiots.