Chapter 26: Isabella's P.O.V

After getting my stitches out, we went home. Me and Dad didn't talk at all. Before Dad had even parked the car, I threw the door open and jumped out. I couldn't bear being in there any longer.

I knocked on the front door and Leo opened it. I pushed past him and stormed through the kitchen. I nearly made it to the stairs.

"Mia Bella."

I froze. I tried to control myself. I really tried. I opened and closed my hands into fists to stop myself from punching something and my nails stabbed my hand. I took slow, deep breaths whilst I tried to block out every memory of Mum calling me 'Mia Bella'. But it became too much. My mind was overflowing with memories. Like they were going to burst out of my head. It didn't want to be reminded of them. Not now.

I whirled around and walked up to Dad. I brought my hand across his face, sharply. He staggered back, shocked at what just happened. I looked at my hand, it was stinging. And I looked back at Dad. And down at my hand again. I just slapped my father!

I stumbled on my feet as I turned back around and tried to run away. Leo caught me in his arms and held me, to stop me from going. I burst into tears and collapsed into his arms, burying my face in his chest.

"Woah, what's going on here?" Mason entered the kitchen. He saw Dad with a red cheek. And he saw me crying in Leo's arms. So he put two and two together. "Isabelle slapped you?!"

"Boys, leave us." Dad said simply, ignoring Mason. I clung onto Leo, not wanting him to leave. I shook my head and begged him with my eyes not to go. Leo just detached himself from me and walked away, shutting the door with Mason not far behind him.

"Isabella."

I felt my heart rate rise. I thought it was going to burst out of my chest. I didn't want to look at Dad. He was probably so mad. I've never slapped or hit or punched another family member before unless I was training. I felt myself become breathless quickly and put my hand to my chest only to feel my heart rate rise more in fear.

I felt a hand on my arm turn me around. I kept my head down. I was mentally preparing myself for whatever was gonna happen. Whatever my punishment would be.

If it was Daniel, he would probably slap me back and spank my ass black and blue. No, stop thinking about him. Dad won't do that. He's just mad. He won't hurt you.

"Look at me."

He's gonna hurt me. He's so mad. What did I do? No wonder he made Mason and Leo leave. He's gonna hurt me. Damn it. No, he's not going to hurt me. Just stop.

I slowly lifted my head to look at him. Dad wiped away some tears on my cheek and I winced. He pulled my body closer to his and hugged me so tight I thought I would suffocate. He didn't hurt me.

"It's okay. I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I love you." I whispered, barely loud enough to hear, surprising both myself and him. Dad pulled me closer, smiling as he did so.

Friday.
Okay, today was the day. I was going back to school. And no one is going to get in my way.

"Good morning my dearest little sister." Joseph waltzed into my bedroom and sat down on my bed.

I tilted my head, giving him a what do you want? look. He chuckled.

"I need you to cover for me." He said smiling a little.
I raised my eyebrows and nodded, signalling for him to carry on. "Someone asked me on a date."

My jaw dropped open. This is adorable. I threw my arms around my brother with a huge grin on my face. He pushed me off, laughing.

"Will you?" He asked, with a pleading look in his eyes. I nodded furiously. "Okay, I'll text you all the details." He got up and ran out the room, his face full with happiness.