125 Years Later

Cryo was something else entirely

Cryo was something else entirely. Echo was right when she had once said it was like magic. It took a moment to gather her surroundings. Bellamy stood beside her pod and waiting to help her get out.

The sleep had been eventful for Nia as she would drift in and out of the dreams that the commanders placed in front of her. But no matter how unsettled it got, she couldn't jolt awake. It had taken awhile until Lexa had been the one to comfort her like Nia had done so long ago. Nia was grateful for the comfort of someone familiar when she was all alone in her thoughts.

"Why is it just us?" Bellamy asked while looking at the other pods that were untouched.

Nia glanced around also stepping toward Atlas and the girls pods. All who remained sleeping. Raven was right when she said they would wake up in the future as if only a night has passed.

"That's the way mom and dad wanted it." A voice called out to them making them turn. Bellamy stepping in front of Nia even if she still had the ability to protect herself. "Can I just say, wow. I mean, I can't tell you how good it is to finally meet you. Weird but good. Great, actually."

The boy began to ramble on as he looked at them all in wonderment. Nia looked him over and spotted some features that stood out but it was impossible with the timeframe they were expecting.

"Who are you?" Nia asked trying to see if her theory might be slightly right.

"My name. Right. I didn't tell you my name. Sorry. I've never met anyone before, so, I clearly suck at it." He began to ramble again making a small smile appear on Nia's face. Seeing the one he heard alot about smile at him made his cheeks flare up. "I'm Jordan, Monty and Harper's son."

And just like that the mere idea in her head was confirmed. But if they had a child and raised him within the ten year slumber how is he so big. 

"They didn't go to sleep." Bellamy stated not sure how to take the news that their dear friends weren't with them.

"They talked about your time on the Ring alot. Too much, actually. How happy they were there. I guess they wanted to get back to that. Get dressed and come to the bridge. Dad left explicit instructions. Wake Nia, Bellamy and Clarke first.  Play them the message." He explained to them all.

But before he could leave the room, Clarke called out. "Hey, wait. How long were we asleep?"

"125 years." Jordan delivered the shocking news.

The trio shared a surprised glance at the information. The plan was for 10 years, what had happened when they were sleeping?

Nia's hand slipped into Bellamy's as they made their way to the bridge. His hand giving her a slight squeeze for comfort while Clarke followed wordlessly behind. They gathered around a monitor while Jordan began to load the video cues.

"Hey, guys, it's been about a year since you all went to bed. Not much to report, really. My algae farm is awesome. No surprise there. Oh, I'm able to monitor conditions on the ground using the ship's geologic equipment, so, I'll know when it's safe for is to go back down. Gets a little lonely sometimes without the rest of you, but the peace and quiet is what-"