As I Watch Him Die

Juniper Mandell loves to be the center of attention. Freshly graduated out of high school, her new life as a student in Trinity University may just be the best thing for her raging ego. Everyone loves her, and she can't help but love being loved. With her social status thriving, and her eyes locked on Jaxon Crawford, the boy she's had a crush on since her early years of high school, life couldn't be better.

Of course, that is until Aiden Bracker begins outshining Juniper in her own personal popularity contest. Who does he think he is stealing all her friends, and being the most adored person in Trinity University? This is unacceptable, and Juniper is ready to fight back for the attention Aiden stole from her.

Except, Aiden isn't the perfect, darling of a boy he tries so desperately to fool the world. Aiden has a dark secret, one he would rather die than let out. Aiden is a twenty-three-year-old college student, and he has an eating disorder.

He is convinced he doesn't have a problem. He might hate himself, irrationally avoid consuming anything that isn't bitter black coffee or diet pills whenever he can, and voluntarily throws up when he's eaten a bit more than he'd like. But he doesn't have a problem. He's absolutely fine. He's Aiden Bracker, he's a future CEO in the making. He doesn't have time for mental diseases.

There's nothing wrong with him at all.

Nothing wrong, until his body gives out from the pressure.