⚫Chapter 36⚫

"W-what? That can't be. You told me he-"

"I know what I said. It's quite clear I was lied to. I cannot believe it!" he exclaimed with frustration as he ran his hands through his hair. He remained crouched down on the ground as I stood there not knowing what to say.

The man who took us to the castle appeared before us with Jasper and Nathan. They both wore black shorts and stared at us weirdly.

"What just happened? Why did you run away?" Jasper asked his best friend. The man threw a pair of shorts at Elias. "Once you're done doing whatever you're doing, the Alpha would like to speak with you," he said staring directly at him. Elias gave him a dirty look as he left my friends and me all alone. Elias finally got up from his crouching position to slip on his shorts. I briefly looked at his bare chest for a couple of seconds before looking away feeling my cheeks heat up. My face was literally on fire.

"You're literally sweating, are you good?" Nathan asked Elias.

"No! I am not good!" he shouted.

I took a step back realizing that Elias was very angry.

"Clearly. You have the weirdest mood swings," I heard Nathan mutter underneath his breath. "What did you say?" Suddenly Elias started walking towards Nathan. I quickly jumped in between them and pushed my hand against Elias' chest.

"Relax..." I told my mate calmly. I could feel him taking deep breaths before he turned around and walked back to his previous position.

"Elias?" Jasper called out as he walked past me to him. "Your mate is the biggest douche! If he ever lays a hand on you out of rage-"

"I'm sure he won't, but thank you."

"What even happened? Why is he acting like a weirdo?"

"Um, it's not really my place to say. I think it's best you go. We'll meet you back at the castle in a bit."

"Are you kidding me? I deserve to know what's going on! I'm not leaving!"

"Nathan!" I sighed. "Please... just go..." I added softly. I looked at him in the eyes to see confusion and sadness.

"Just for you Tiger. Just for you."

He sighed before walking away. I felt bad, but I knew I couldn't just tell Nathan about Elias' uncle. I would let Elias tell him.

I then turned around and walked towards Elias and Jasper.

"How is that even possible? Your mother told you he was dead!" Jasper exclaimed. So, he did know about Elias' uncle.

"I don't know! Why would she lie to me?" Elias shouted.

I didn't understand how Jasper acted so calmly whenever Elias yelled at him. I guess he was used to it.

"I don't know what to say, bro," Jasper said before patting Elias' back. "I'll leave you two alone." I watched Jasper walk up to me slowly. "Just try and calm him down," he whispered before walking away.

I stood there staring at my mate as he paced back and forth. "Um, are you sure that's your uncle? Maybe you're mistaken-"

"I know that's my damn uncle! I have seen pictures of him! I am not going crazy!" he yelled.

"Can you stop yelling? I am right here!" I responded raising my voice. "Nothing is wrong with being angry but control yourself!"

I understood he was furious and confused but yelling at me wasn't going to solve anything. He needed to calm down.

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "I'm just so angry right now. What else did my mother lie to me about? Did my uncle even have a human mate? Did she even die? I grew up being scared of finding my mate thanks to my uncle or whatever this whole lie is."

"Elias..."

"Leilani, I can't face him," he sighed while walking towards me slowly. "I don't know what to think anymore. I mean how is he here?"

"You should go and speak to him."

He nodded before reaching out to squeeze my hand. He then removed my hair away from my face before leaning forward to bring his lips towards my ear. "Thank you."

He walked past me leaving me standing there dumbfounded. His husky scent still lingered. Was he supposed to have this effect on me? He barely even touched me!

I shook away my thoughts and rushed after him.