𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

"I'm sorry, Mr Park, but there's nothing to update you on." A feminine voice spoke, hopelessness transparent in her tone as Emily past another corner.

She found Jimin earning a solemn role as the nurse left. Onyx clouds misting his under eyes along with his fatigued figure, diagnosing his deficit of sleep.

"What are you doing here, Jimin?" She inquired as she grew closer, now being able to see the sombre layer of glass that plated his eyes. "I'm h-here to see B-Bella." He answered.

Her head recoiled as her face became plagued with confusion. "Bella? How did you know that she was attacked by a rabid do—."

The pieces soon slotted together, forming the full picture that banished her look of confusion.

"You attacked Bella... didn't you?" She asked, watching Jimin's expression only grow more dejected in reaction to her words.

His temporary silence answered everything she needed to know.

"I-I-I didn't mean to... I just couldn't s-stop it. I-I only just managed to turn b-back t-to s-see what I had d-done to her." His words became weighted with tears as they slithered down his cheeks.

"Jimin, you didn't do this. That thing did." She attempted to console. "That thing is me, Emily!" He snapped back immediately, a sphere of red sketched the rings of his eyes.

The paths of his tears were lit up by the cheap, fluorescent bulbs, only making it more transparent to the girl what tortured Jimin's mind.

Not being able to control your own thoughts and emotions. Not being able to live without the fear that the monster could emerge at any time.

Falling into blissful darkness, only to wake up to crimson hands. Blind to the memories of the beast. Deaf to the screams of the ones they had hurt.

Pure torture.

Her arms orbited his figure before coming into contact with his skin, in the form of an embrace. Neglecting the tears piercing through her clothing as Jimin eventually copied her movements.

"I swear to you I will get you out of this hell. All of you." She breathed, her breath dancing in his sniffles. "How? Y-you said there w-was no cure." He replied, some words being lost in the muffling impact of her clothes.

"Nathaniel said there might be one... that's why he left. I-I didn't say because I didn't want to get your hopes up." She confessed, feeling a shiver creep down her spine as Jimin became frozen in her words.

"Mr Park, you can come in and see her if you want." The nurse spoke out before Jimin could form a reply.

He untangled himself from Emily, following the nurse just as Emily did. The blinding lights soon melted in a fatigued light as they entered the secluded room, finding Bella's lightly elevating body stitched to an army of wires.

"I know this probably isn't the best time to ask... but why exactly were you with Bella?" Emily inquired, seeing his cheeks burn from white to crimson.

"I-I—we were... just chatting." He spoke through a whisper, Emily instantly being able to crack the encryption of his words. "Yeah sure... chatting." She teased, seemingly melting the cold, sombre atmosphere into something more sultry.

As her eyes returned to the bandaged plastered figure, she let out a sigh, hating the feeling of being useless.

"How can you like him?" Jimin suddenly interrupted.

"What are you talking about?" She asked in the company of furrowed eyebrows.

"As in... how can you like Jungkook, when you know what he is?" He asked.