Chapter 6 [M?]:

(A/N): I got some surprises for you hehe

 M?  because I don't know anymore

---------

Jisoo's POV:

  It was like time stopped for a second. Rosé looked determinate, and I must admit that it was overwhelming. The slight frown on her face, the thin line of her lips...

  'You are beautiful. You are so beautiful.'

  When reality came back at me, however, the first thing I felt wasn't joy nor nervousness. It was fear. An insurmountable fright that crashed inside my stomach and wrecked my mind.

  Rosé must have realized what was happening when I suddenly retracted my hands from hers.

"I'm sorry, I-..."

  I stopped her from talking with a movement of my fingers then took off my vest, feeling unpleasantly hot. The Aussie's eyes trailed towards my chest for a short moment but she quickly focused back on my face.

"Chaeyoung, I apologize if I did something that misled you on my intentions, but I have to reject you. What we had together was just..."

"A mistake?"

"A one-night-stand," I corrected. "You made me feel special when I was feeling vulnerable and unloved, and..."

  She suddenly tensed and I closed my mouth, regretting opening it in the first place. I just implied she took advantage of me. It wasn't the truth at all, of course, and I was being a jerk.

"Do you remember that promise we made, in Paris?" She asked with a sigh.

"No," I lied.

"Why are you wearing the key around your neck, then?" Rosé indicated the charm resting on my chest. "Be honest, Jisoo."

  Her voice was firm, but what was most striking was the look in her eyes. There was care, kindness, and a glimpse of something I couldn't decipher. She was looking at me the same way she did when we made love.

"You are my first memory of what it felt like to be loved," I muttered. "But it's time for you to let me go. I now regret what happened. Goodbye, Rosé."

  I signalled to a bodyguard to make her leave and he took the Aussie by the arm. She stared at me, and I knew she felt betrayed and hurt.

  She slid her book on the table before retreating towards the stairs.

  Rosé left without looking back.

* * *

  I was unable to focus on anything for the rest of the day. Feeling the need to talk to someone, I immediately contacted my sister, asking for a bit of her time. She was a lawyer in a big company and rarely managed to make it at home for dinner.

  She sent a text back, telling me to meet her at her office. Guessing she certainly hadn't eaten yet, I bought some food on my way, trying to not think about what happened today.

  I failed.

  Once I arrived at her firm's building, guards welcomed me and let me in, immediately recognizing me as Jennie's sister. I took the elevator, standing awkwardly beside a couple of men wearing suits, then walked to her office.