Epilogue

Officially, the Guardians had been on Earth for two months. A few weeks longer than they had originally planned to stay after talking with the Avengers. It seemed, at least from Jessica's point of view, that no one wanted to leave. Drax loved to compare stories with Thor, Gamora lived to hang out with Natasha, Groot wouldn't leave Peter Parker alone, and Rocket sat down in the lab with Tony and Bruce. Occasionally, the teams would hear shouting from down there but no one usually paid too much attention to it. 

Peter Quill liked to split his time between a lot of people. He admired Clint, Steve, and whenever Scott Lang came to visit, him too. Sometimes, Jessica would go a whole day without seeing Peter, which she didn't mind because she liked to spend as much time as she could with everyone else. Just in case the Guardians decided that it'd be time to pack up and go. 

Jessica smiles at Katie and Jen as Jen talks about this new girl she met while training at SHIELD with other agents. She was on her way to becoming the next Black Widow, going on solo missions and such that'd be too dangerous for most. Jen seemed delighted to talk about this girl and was excited to say that they might become partners, though her professional side told her it was a horrible idea because you can't fall in love with your coworkers. Jen's other side, however, told the professional side to 'shut the fuck up' because 'she believed in love'. 

Katie and Peter had decided that they weren't going to continue on the Avengers' path. Now that they were old enough, they both were trying to move on with their lives. Katie got a job as head scientist as a research school as well as scholar on occasion. Peter worked with Tony as an 'assistant' but mostly went on patrol around New York, though he didn't go after too many large things without backup. 

Jessica's phone buzzes and she furrows her eyebrows at the unknown number. Who was texting her now? Everyone she knew, besides agents at SHIELD, were in this building! Jess picks up the device and sees that whoever it was had sent her a picture. Without truly listening to what Jen was describing, Jessica opens the message. Upon seeing it, her heart swells and her eyes light up in happiness. 

Join us for the wedding of Chris Stark and Amelia Marcus 

Friday May 15th, 2020 

At six o'clock in the Peachtree Christian Church, Atlanta Georgia

Another message comes in after the picture. 

You were right, I had a life waiting for me. Thanks Jess. Hopefully you'll be there 

"Who're you texting?" Katie questions after a few seconds of silence. Jen had asked Jessica a question and after her not answering, both girls stared at her to try and figure out what was happening.

"Hm? No one." Jessica shakes her head while sliding her phone into her pocket. "Just an old friend." 

"Any word about your brother?" Jen questions as if reading Jess' mind. "I mean, if they don't find something soon Fury's putting me on the case." 

"Oh, I don't think we have to worry about it." Jess shrugs. "He's probably long gone...or dead." 

"Yeah, probably." Jen agrees. "Anyway, Traci was talking about taking me out to lunch before our next mission. Does that mean something or am I paranoid?"

Tony looks away from the computer with a small smile on his face. A wedding invitation sits on the screen, inviting him to his only son's wedding (besides Peter of course). Tony hadn't been expecting this at all, he thought Chris had died on his way back to whatever Hydra base was closest.

Tony knew that he wouldn't even think about telling anyone about this. Bruce was still angry that Chris had somehow escaped from the floor and he'd jump at the chance to get Chris back to question/lock him up again. The billionaire figured that Jessica probably had something to do with the escape, as he had thought all along, and considered asking her about it. Though to his better judgment, he decided to leave it alone. 

"Hey, Tony," Bruce calls as Tony minimizes the tab. "Everyone's gathering for a 'mandatory movie night'. Pretty sure Jessica is behind it, but I kind of want a break from all these chemicals that we've been working with." 

"Do you know what we're watching?" Tony questions while following his best friend to the elevator. "Do you think she'll get mad if I sit between her and Quill? I think it'd be hilarious." 

"Tony." Bruce shakes his head in dismay. 

"I think you should freaking do that." Rocket announces after walking into the elevator with them. "I will pay you to do that." 

"You do realize I'm a billionaire, right?" Tony raises an eyebrow. 

"How about I offer to not make bombs out of your walls anymore." Rocket states with a smirk. "If you last the entire movie." 

"Oh, you're on." Tony crosses his arms, not being one to back down from a challenge. "My daughter loves me, this'll be a piece of cake!" 

It was not a piece of cake

============

I thought I'd end it on this sweet note because it gives insight to the main people's lives in the future and such. Hopefully I did a good enough job but if anyone wants a further explanation, I'd be happy to right an EP2? I don't know what to call it, lol. 

Anywho, thank you so much for reading this book after I had restarted it. I know I'm not the easiest author to tolerate because I'm always switching things up or deleting shit. You guys are amazing and I'm so happy that you enjoy what I write, without all of you I wouldn't have the courage to put my work out there and do what makes me happy. So thank you all and I hope to see you in the future. 

(Keep an eye out because by the end of this year my first book will be published (actually published, like on amazon and stuff) and I'd love for you all to read it) 

You all are amazing and if I could hug each of you, I would! Stay awesome my dudes!

-Author Out