today • norman

"Good morning, Norman."

The birds hummed their usual tune. The smell of the city air was faint. Chattering people in the park, everyone filled with joy.

"Good morning, Y/n. I'm glad to see you made it safe."

The autumn leaves crunched under her footsteps. She made her way beside him, a sigh of relief as she sat down and leaned back on the bench.

"Emma and Ray dropped me off here. Also, thank you for your concern."

"You're welcome."

Norman is very soft and sweet like marshmallows. His words gentle like a mother's touch, and his skin as soft as a cloud.
He's the nicest guy she's met, and she couldn't ask for anyone better.

"Can you describe what today looks like?"

"You ask that every day, Y/n."

"I'm blind, Norman."

"I know, I know. I'm just joking."

Y/n's colorless eyes lighted up in amusement. Her mouth curls up into a small grin. Norman also smiles and looks at her with loving eyes.

"Today...is just as beautiful as you. The sun is bright, like your smile. The park is full of people with joyful moods. Today is just like any other day, but it's always better when I spend it with you."

"Norman...I asked you what today looks like. I didn't ask you what it feels like."

"Today looks like you. You may not see it, but it's the most gorgeous I've ever seen. I wake up with a smile every morning, knowing I would get to see today. I would get to see 'today' tomorrow, and every day until we die. Today is a gift, and I cherish it very much. I love you, Y/n."

"Oh, Norman. I love you too."

the end.