98. Finale Part 1

"What do you mean weapons are prohibited?," Shay scrunched her eyebrows and pointed her staff at the security guard

"What do you mean weapons are prohibited?," Shay scrunched her eyebrows and pointed her staff at the security guard. "I demand an explanation."

Jungkook watched as the person guarding the McDonald's establishment started to sweat. Shay continued to point her staff at the man's face. The angel stared at the guard's thin clothed attire.

"I do not understand," Jungkook turned to the person standing next standing next to him. It turned out to be Yoongi. "Why do your planet's security personnel have no armor? What happens if they get shot?"

Yoongi licked his vanilla ice cream cone— apparently, one of the stalls selling the sweet dessert survived the battle as well. Holly was chewing on an empty wafer cone on his shoulders. Jungkook wondered if the fire gem bearer was bothered by the crumbs.

"Makes them easier to knock out," Yoongi replied absentmindedly. Jungkook stared in confusion.

"What Yoongi really tried to say is this," Jin slid into the scene and pushed Yoongi away with a smile.

"My ice cream!," Yoongi exclaimed when he nearly dropped his cone. Jungkook stared as the fire gem bearer stumbled around in a panic.

Jin gave Yoongi a piercing glare before turning back at Jungkook with an innocent expression. "Here on Earth, there are different levels of security. That man standing in front of McDonald's is a common security guard."

Jungkook glanced at the guard, who was still sweating profusely in front of Shay's staff. Taehyung stood next to her, observing. The angel nodded vigorously at Jin.

"Their job is to simply guard certain establishments from... dangerous people," Jin raised a finger in the air with a cheeky smile. "Although they have basic combat training and weapons, their purpose is not to battle. That is why their uniforms have no armor."

Jungkook hummed in thought. Then he scrunched his eyebrows and tilted his head. "My question has been left unanswered. What happens if they get shot?"

Jin's expression turned blank. "Then they get shot."

Jungkook's wings folded behind him. He felt like the gears of his mind was turning full force. Jin just continued to stare at him blankly, his thoughts loudly saying— Not my problem.

"Was it really a good idea to bring them to a McDonald's?," Emily sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Couldn't we have gone with a lighter option?"

You stared at the now bickering Bristene siblings before turning towards Emily. "By lighter option, you mean?"

"I don't know," Emily shrugged. The arrows in her quicker clacked together. "Maybe like... a café or something."

"You mean like Starbucks."

"We can't afford that."

"I can."