Chapter 59 : Stressed out

You barely slept the next the next night. Thoughts about having your book in bookstores made your heart skip a beat. You were nervous about everything that was about to happen. You doubted yourself. You didn't believe that you could do it. 

You woke up at six the next morning and made breakfast. Jensen had to be at work early, so he headed out pretty soon after that. The kids usually would sleep for a couple more hours, so you had the opportunity to get a few things done before they would wake. The publishing agent called back around seven and gave you the schedule for the next few days. You had to go to a few meetings to start on the official cover and other cosmetic details of the book. You also had to start planning on the sales, and what stores that the book would hit first. You tried not to get too overwhelmed with it all. This is what you wanted, and what you had worked so hard to have. 

The kids woke up soon after you finished the call with the agent. You made them breakfast and you all got ready for the day. You were meeting Jensen for lunch later on. 

Evie watched her favorite tv show, while Ryker bounced in his walker. You sat on the couch and began working on everything that your agent had talked about. You loved being able to choose everything about the look and style of your book. Designing was definitely your favorite part of this whole thing, besides writing it of course.

Lunch time rolled around soon and you all headed out to a local diner. Jensen was already there and waiting. 

"Sorry. I got caught up in working on the book." You apologized for being late. 

"Don't be sorry, Honey. How is everything coming?" He asked. 

"Eh. It's a little stressful, but this is what I worked so hard for. I'm really happy it's happening, I just need a minute to process it all. It seemed like it came so fast." You chuckled. 

"That's good though, and everything is going to work out perfectly. You can do anything, you just got to set your mind to it." Jensen reassured you. 

"I know. You know how this stuff makes me nervous though." You joked. 

"I know." He said as he grabbed your hand. "But you got this. I believe in you." He said with a smile.

You both ate your lunch and talked about the other stuff that was going on in your busy lives. Pretty soon after you finished, Jensen had to go back to work. 

"Where are all of you going?" Jensen asked as he grabbed his coat and put it on. 

"Gen is going to the doctor for her monthly check up. The doctor is going to see what the baby's gender is, and then we are going to pick up the results. I'm planning their gender reveal party." You smiled. 

"Oh yeah thats right. Jared is leaving early so that he can go with her." He said as he leaned in to give you a kiss. 

"Ewww." Evie said as he did. 

You both chuckled and looked at your daughter who's nose was scrunched up. 

"Be safe." You said to Jensen as he started walking away. 

"Y'all too." He said as he blowed kisses to the kids and walked out of the diner. 

You gathered the kids and headed towards the car. In a few moments you were driving towards the doctors office. 

You all got out of the car and met Gen inside. She rung her hands together. 

"It's gonna be okay." You chucked as you rubbed her shoulder. 

"I know. I'm just so excited. I'm ready to find out already."

I know. You only have to wait 2 more days and then I will be able to tell you." You chuckled. 

"You could give me a hint, ya know." You chuckled. 

"And ruin all the fun? That sounds nothing like me." You laughed as you all got called back into the room. 

"Here we go." Jared said as we all followed closely behind. 

"We have a full crowd with us today." The doctor chucked as he entered the room. 

"Yes sir." Gen chuckled as he put on his gloves and turned on the monitor. 

"First thing were going to do is just check and make sure he or she is healthy and doing good, alright?" He asked. 

"Sounds good, Doc." Jared answered as Gen grabbed his hand. 

The doctor started looking around and confirmed that the baby was indeed very healthy and perfect so far. He then turned the monitor away from Gen and Jared so that only you and him could see. 

You smiled at Gen with a wide grin. She just rolled her eyes in response. The doctor pointed to a point on the screen and your eyes grew wide. They were having a baby girl! You wanted to scream and run to Gen and give her a big hug, but you kept your cool and just smiled at them again. 

You all exited the room a few minutes later and headed out to your cars. 

"Not even a clue?" Gen begged.

"Nope." You shook your head. 

"Ugh." She sighed. 

"Hey, it was your idea to do the whole gender reveal party." You reminded her. 

" I know." She pouted. 

"I'm sorry. I love you." You snickered as you put the kids in the car. 

"I love you too." She said as she stuck her tongue out at you and headed to her car. 

Evie copied her by sticking her tongue out at you. You repeated the same thing back to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. 

"Don't start acting like your Auntie Gen." You laughed.