23- Taste of War

Every night gets colder but nothing in this world could replace the warmth Todoroki gave me. I haven't eaten, who knows when. I might pass out at this rate or easily get overtaken by insanity. I have taken this as punishment, I could escape but there is no place to. Our home is destroyed, Iida and Todoroki would have lead them somewhere else.

Though the oddest thing really is how I haven't overheard about any new flyer raids. It's so strange.

I look to the side of the bars and saw there was more that could be seen. I wait for the guards to leave and whispered yet the sound still echoed. "Hello?" I beg for a voice to be reached but none had answered. I do it again. "My name is Midoriya." Soon an anguished scream went into my ears. "Why are you here traitor?" Their voice was quite hard and dry. I answered our mysterious caller, "I was here to save a friend but it was too late." I felt silence between us as they tried to reply and that they did,"Do you even know who I am?" The voice sounded desperate and hopeless as if the life they had was pure torture.

My virtue, what is it? I look to the ceiling and answered him truthfully,"I'm sorry your voice doesn't give me any hints." I heard a loud metal bang. "You no good man. I approached you once, all before this crazy war even started. You told me to wait by your house. That I did starving and alone. Why did I have to be caught here all because of you?" His sniffles echoed. You probably won't listen but I'm sorry there was nothing I could have done probably. I really forgot who I was didn't I.

Todoroki and Bakugou face off a hurtful foe as they act with their life. Surrounded by once their enemies now they're comrades in battle. Momo continues to give the information they gave to her. It was a busy socialization with a twist of life or death. Get caught and you're dead. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it?

Todoroki and Bakugou are planned to be placed in the mid lines so that when the front lines get destroyed they would serve as a reserved back-up of sorts but of course. Not everyone is safe everyone had to receive cruel training. Bakugou once expressed,"If only we don't die first because of this." Everyone continued training religiously though they struggled a lot to be able to get to a good level of a combat ready troop. They did it, without complaining nor an argue.

All was sleeping, exhausted from the regime except for Momo who seemed to be sneaking around? She goes inside the Males Tent tiptoe. Momo pulled on a wing that couldn't fit on the bed no matter what and was just hovering on the floor. They immediately stand up. As they were about to scream, Momo placed her hands on their mouth. "Listen, Todoroki." The blankets were removed and apparently it was Todoroki whom she was trying to wake up. Todoroki nods and removes Momo's hands gently. "This is bad. They're planning to attack the Lower Half tomorrow at their Leader's known place. They're planning to use you as their weapon but also as bait."

Momo and the leaders have been discussing long of their actions that it went from morning to night. Momo had all the intention to secretly document the important words discussed in the meeting for Todoroki and Bakugou as well.

In a panic, she did her best to summarize the situation for Todoroki.
"I'm so sorry Todoroki. You're going to be placed right behind the Front Lines. I did my best to tell them it was a terrible idea but because of me being too abrasive y-you."

Sniffling, she struggled to talk but I knew I came here for a reason so might as well be that. "Momo, dont be so sad." I wipe her cheek,"You underestimate me too much. I will go down there with all the intention I had from the very beginning. If something were to happen then let it happen. Fates will collide tomorrow. Surely the Lower Half won't back down so willingly for tomorrow." She nods back. "Go get some rest. I will see you soon. I promise."

I did my very best to pretend that very morning of what was to become of me. I pretend to be excited to serve the Rebellion for their sake. Absolute obedience is observed here. It's an odd thing but understandably necessary. As they break the news to me, I pretended to be happy. Acting like you were shocked was difficult but manageable when you're a person not really known for emotions.

Bakugou pulled me right away after the announcement. "What the hell were you thinking agreeing to be moved? They literally want you to die for them. Is that what you want, for the Flyers to win?" I knew Bakugou had very strong judgement for what I've chosen to do but when we're here I think he forgot we have no power. I know there are people who would prefer me safe but when there are people you love and want to protect. Those ideals create an impact. "Bakugou. All of this might sound dumb to you but if this is the price to pay to see him again. I'll do it twice if I  have to." Though it's not about him anymore. It's about everyone. I want to save everyone because by saving everyone I know I can save you, Midoriya.

As we all lined up for battle and to fly down. I took a small peek behind me to see Bakugou or Momo maybe for one last time. Momo was trying to keep calm at the side of the General but her lips were quivering. I saw Bakugou's fists were shaking possibly in anger and regret. They are the best friends any man can ask for, they would never stop you when you make a decision or it could be possible I'm just persistent. All that matters is, today I will change the world.