Tryst

Tryst; a romantic rendezvous between lovers.

C H A P T E R    T W E N T Y - N I N E

I wrapped the beige trench coat that covered my outfit a little tighter around myself to shield myself from the cold pinches that the weather was throwing at me. I was walking to Noah's apartment because Scar and Ally had class, and Matt had some volunteering work. Of course, I was just reminding myself of all these excuses so I wouldn't feel bad about not filling my friends in on this whole Noah thing. It had been two weeks of sneaking out, and we almost got caught a lot of times but were able to escape.

It's not that I didn't wanna tell them, it was just that everything was going so peacefully and smoothly, I didn't wanna jinx anything. But now, I feel like it was high time we let Scar know about it.

The moment I came to face with the door of Noah's apartment, I saw that it was slightly open. It was quite a regular thing now. I entered quietly and hung my coat because I hadn't texted him that I was coming over, but Noah wasn't in the hall, and neither was his PS4. Then I heard the sound of the strumming of a guitar string rise slowly from the direction of his room.

How many nights does it take to count the stars?
That's the time it would take to fix my heart
Oh, baby, I was there for you
All I ever wanted was the truth, yeah, yeah

I don't think I would ever stop admiring him for how passionate he was about the littlest things that he did. I didn't move an inch because I knew he would stop singing the moment he sensed that I was here.

How many nights have you wished someone would stay?
Lay awake only hoping they're okay
I never counted all of mine,
If I tried, I know it would feel like infinity
Infinity, infin--

I stood smiling on his doorframe as he was so completely engrossed in singing that he failed to recognize my presence. His voice growing more sensational by the second. The vein on his neck became more prominent than ever as he hit the high note and then abruptly stopped in the middle. He groaned at himself, his large hands covering his beautiful face. He turned around to find me standing, and his hand immediately went to his chest. He muttered 'fuck' and calmed down a second after as a smile broke out on his face.

"You're startin to give me the creepy vibe, you know, sneaking up on me and all that. Not that I don't enjoy it," he teased me wiggling his eyebrows, and I chuckled.

He kept his guitar aside and opened his arms as I left the support of the doorframe to go close to him. I sat on his lap at a ninety angle, and his hands immediately curled around my waist, and he hugged me. "You sing beautifully; you know that, right?"

He just lightly shrugged his shoulders, not paying any heed to my compliment. "So, the confidence cannot stop exuding out in public, but behind closed doors, Noah Parker can't even accept a compliment?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"No, it's just that singing isn't something I hold unique to myself. I've been trying to improve, but I'm stuck. I bet loads of other people here could do it and a lot better than me. So, I would rather possess a quality no one else has or that no one else can do better than me," he said.

"Well, you don't mean the same to me as 'a lot of people around here' so," I air quoted. "And besides, you're brilliant in most of the things you do. You already have that one thing no one can do better than anyone else," I stated as if saying the obvious.

"What? Like, kissing?" he asked, all cheery.

I slapped his head lightly, and he placed a chaste kiss on the side of my neck. "You. Nobody can do yourself better than you," I told him.