chapter 08

wooyoung san

he slept through his next class, spending the time in between ducking behind felix and avoiding the reproachful glances from jealous classmates in the halls. the looks didn't stop, and each one just made him more uncomfortable than the last. 

he really wished he could disappear now.

apparently wooyoung was more popular than he thought. it seemed everyone wanted to be with him, but no one had dared try. san figured those who had, failed immensely, hence the jealousy girls (and guys) weren't even trying to repress. 

san made his way with his head down, swerving around agonizingly slow walkers. keeping his eyes on his feet turned out to be a mistake, because it wasn't long before he bumped into someone with a small 'oof', foreheads knocking against one another as he stumbled back. 

"um." he started, disorientated for a second as he squinted in pain. "ouch."

a familiar laugh honeyed over his ears, hands gripping his shoulders to steady him. "watch where you're going, little choi."

"wooyoung?" san glanced up in surprise, met with the amused features of the subject of his discomfort. "um, no. goodbye."

san wriggled out of wooyoung's grasp, attempted to duck around him, but the other grabbed his wrist. "where do you think you're going?" he laughed, eyes glittering mischievously. 

"um, anywhere away from you." he glanced around anxiously, already noticing people starting to whisper. "let go, people are looking."

wooyoung only gripped his wrist tighter, thumb brushing over the skin reassuringly. "what, i can't have a conversation with you?"

san blushed at the touch, also embarrassed by the stares. "you can! just, not here." this only fueled wooyoung's amusement, and he had the audacity to step closer to him.

"then where?" his words sent san's heart tumbling off a cliff.

"let go, wooyoung." he gritted his teeth, annoyed by his uncontrolled feelings and by the unwanted attention being with wooyoung was achieving him. "please?"

"okay," wooyoung let him go, but didn't move from in front of him. "but you owe me an apology." he bit his lip, looking at san with an indescribable focus.

"nope. not today, no can do." san rambled, averting his eyes and practically running away from wooyoung, tripping over his feet and using the lockers to steady himself in the process of escape.

he continued to run until he reached his friends at their usual table in the cafeteria, where he placed his hands in front of himself and tried to catch his breath. while he stood there panting, his friends stared at him wordlessly, a spoon suspended in yunho's mouth and yeosang mid bite of his pizza.

he gestured for them to go on, shaking his head and slumping down next to an amused felix. "gimme some of that pizza." he said, grabbing felix's lunch from his hand and biting in. 

"well, it's a pleasure, san." felix grumbled, gazing forlornly at the air where his pizza used to be.

"do we even want to ask?" yunho raised his eyebrows in question, cocking his head to the side.

san swallowed the pizza he was chewing, putting his head on the table letting out a frustrated muffled scream. "i take that as a no." yunho stated, patting him on the back in sympathy.

"wait." yeosang began, "i'm going to say two words, and if i'm right, you're going to give me the rest of felix's pizza, 'cause that shit tasty."

"what is it why my pizza today??" felix asked defeatedly, ignored by the rest of them.