Chapter seventeen: The aftermath of murder

Looking out of her window, Lillian looked at the clock tower. From her room you had a beautiful view over whole Storybrook. She couldn't cry over Cora's death, not when she saved Rumple's life with it. Looking back at her knees she felt an arm drab around her. Turning to Neal she gave him a soft smile. 

''Why are you sitting here?'' She raised her shoulders as she looked outside again.

''Well, David doesn't want to see me because he blames me as well. And I really don't want to see Rumple now so ... I had nowhere to go ... '' He pulled her into his side as he kissed her hair. ''I should have been the one to use that candle, I don't think my heart could get any darker than it already is. Snow can not hide behind that stupid dagger like I can.''

Neal looked at her, frowning at her words. ''Than why didn't you?''

''He wanted me at the shop. If Cora were to become the Dark one, I was the only one who even stood a chance against her. I've been learning from the dark one and he always said I was almost as strong as he was.'' As she stopped talking he grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him.

''And?'' She gulped, swallowing past the lump in her throat. 

''I ... I was also supposed to get rid of the problem if the poison didn't do it first ... anything to stop Cora from becoming the Dark one.'' His jaw opened as he looked at his little sister who gave no sign of emotion as she turned back to the clock tower.

----------Once upon a Time----------

As Mayor Mills walked into the pawn shop, Lillian couldn't hold herself as she peered through the curtains separating the shop from the office.

''I'm not happy.'' 

''I believe Dr. Hopper's office is down the street.'' Mr. Gold told her as he pointed out of the window. Not fully understanding why the Mayor came to his pawn shop to talk about not being happy. 

''Oh, I don't want to talk to him. I wanna talk to you.'' Pointing at him as if he had done something wrong, Regina had a daring look in her eyes. One that made Lillian shiver as she moved the curtain in front of her, hoping that the mayor would leave already. 

''Very well, madame Mayor. What is it you wanna talk about?''

''This town.'' Madam mayor followed Mr. Gold as he limped through the shop, much to Lillian's dismay considering she had to move away in order not to get caught. ''This isn't the deal we've made.''

''I'm sorry I don't know what you're talking about.'' Lillian moved the curtain to see Mayor Mills pacing around the room as Lily's adoptive father frowned at the Mayor before turning to the back of the shop, softly shaking his head at his daughter. 

''You don't, do you? I was supposed to be happy here.''

''Well, forgive me, but, uh ... you're the mayor. You are the most powerful woman in this town. What are you not happy about?'' 

''Everyone does exactly what I want them to. They only do it because they have to. Not because they want to. It's not real.''  Mr. Gold frowned as he was done with the woman being in his shop. 

''I'm sorry, but what is it exactly that you want?''

''Nothing you can give me.''  As Regina walked out of the shop, Lillian moved towards her father as he extended his arm so she could crawl under it.