Her Demons, His Savior

Prompt: The Doctor is dead and Clara decides to sell her soul to make sure the Doctor goes to Heaven. Demon Clara and Angel Doctor meet up years later. Sent in by 1dandtimelords. I hope you all enjoy! (Sidenote: Sorry about this, but when she's thinking, it would normally be in italics but my computer sucks so I'm updating via other methods and therefore cannot italicize.)

*******

Clara woke up, and the first thought in her mind was 'Doctor'. She got up and frantically searched for him, ready for him to be bouncing around as they ran back into the TARDIS. But when she finally saw his body, he wasn't moving. No smile, nothing. Just still.

Clara took his pulse and started crying when she realized that he was dead. She didn't know how to preform CPR, especially on someone with two hearts. So instead she put one of her hands under each of his arms and started dragging him slowly back to the TARDIS. She couldn't stop the rush of tears that streamed down her face; the one person in her life who made her happy was dead.

She finally got his body back to the TARDIS. The TARDIS then flew her home, and she held a little funeral for the Doctor even if no body but her was there to attend. 'Because you loved him,' she would keep thinking to herself over and over again. Not even her love for him would bring him back now. Nothing would.

*******

Clara had just gotten back to her flat and taken a shower when she decided to pray. She never really prayed before, and never was she religious, but now felt like the time to pray and ask for the one thing she thought the Doctor deserved most: Heaven.

She knealt down on the floor beside her window (as she had seen people in movies do so often) and began with the words, "Dear Lord..." but then she trailed off. How did she continue?

"Um...I guess I never talk to you that much, and I'm sorry. But there's one favor I need you to do for a friend of mine. I need you to let him go to Heaven. He's saved so many, and he's done so much...and we both know who I'm talking about. Please...please...please, Amen."

Clara sat back up and started to get into bed when she heard someone knock on her bedroom door. For a moment, she thought it might've been the Doctor, but then threw that thought from her head. He was gone and she had to get used to it.

"Hello, Miss Oswald," she heard a man say as he opened the door. In front of her now stood a man in a black suit and tie, but his face remained hidden from view.

"Who are you?" she asked, picking up the Doctor's sonic screwdriver that she had kept in memory of him. It kind of smelled like him when she thought about it.

"I...well, I am Lucifer. The Devil himself. Beezlebub, if that's how you flow," he said. Clara could hear his twisted smile.

"What do you want?" she asked, still not trusting this man in front of her was who he said he was.

"I heard your prayer, yes I hear every prayer that the big man hears, and you want to let the Doctor into Heaven? Well I can already tell you that your prayer has been denied and he won't be going to Heaven unless you help him a little bit," he explained.

"What? You mean like sell my soul or something?" Clara asked, hoping that wouldn't be his answer. But of course she was wrong.

"Precisely," he grinned. "All you have to do is sign this paper, right here, with your blood. And then your precious Doctor that you love so much will be safe and secure in Heaven. That's it; one little signature," he cooed at her. He could see her will bending.

"I....I...I'll do it..." Clara said, uncertain. But if this could save the Doctor, then wasn't it worth it? He could be an angel and get the savior's grace he so desperately deserved. Clara cut her finger a little bit and dropped some of her blood onto the paper. It was done; there was no turning back now. And that terrified her.

Clara didn't really feel any different. She just felt...there. Like she existed, but not wholly. Except now everything that Lucifer told her to do was now her life's deed. Her job was to make Satan happy.

*******

A few years later, the Doctor was still living peacefully, surrounded by people who had just as many interesting stories that he did. The only problem was that he still couldn't find Clara. And technically he wasn't allowed to go down to planet Earth just to see her. But he so desperately wanted to. He loved her, and he couldn't stand not seeing her. The only thing that kept him from going was that she would join him as an angel eventually.

Clara hated being a demon. She missed her old self, and she had done some pretty horrible things in the last few years. She always reminded herself it was for the Doctor and that was enough. She loved him more than anything and would do whatever it took to keep him safe and happy.

One day, Clara was out walking down the street, when she saw a familiar face. The Doctor was walking right down this street, smiling and seeming to enjoy himself. Clara stopped herself from running over there; she didn't want him to know she was a demon.

"Clara!" she heard him shout as he ran over and pulled her into a hug. "I've missed you so much, I am so sorry that I haven't been able to visit or anything. That probably doesn't make any sense...since I died. Well apparently, by some miracle I made it to Heaven and now I'm an angel! And....and you look different. What's wrong?" he asked as he stopped smiling and started frowning.

"Um, it's nothing. Just didn't think I'd ever see you again," Clara stammered.

"You're a demon," he said, in a whispered voice. "How?"

"How did you know that?" she asked, equally as soft.

"I can just tell. I don't know. But how?"

Clara considered lying. But she couldn't think of a good lie to tell him, so she went with the truth, "I sold my soul to make sure you went to Heaven because you deserve it more than anyone I know, and you going to be in either Purgatory or Hell the rest of your existence. And you didn't deserve that," Clara said. She felt like crying, but she had lost all ability to so by this point.

"Clara..." he trailed off. And then he kissed her. One that said to both of them "I love you" and also apologizing for whatever pain and suffering they had caused one another. "I'd rather spend my entire life in Hell with you than be in Heaven one more day without you."

"Trust me, you wouldn't. The things I've seen and done," she sighed, "they are truly horrible. And you don't deserve that. I don't deserve you either, and I'd be guilty of you suffering for eternity."

"Don't ever say that again. Aren't you suffering for eternity for me? Why can't we be together, because then it won't be suffering. I love you, Clara. I loved you the day I died I was just too daft to admit it yet," he said, kissing her forehead.

"I love you, too. And I want us to be together, but not this way. I cannot watch you suffer," she said. She knew she couldn't live with him being eternally damned because of her.

"I'm suffering without you...please Clara. I need you," he said, looking into her eyes. "Please."

*******

The Doctor ended up selling his soul to the Devil. And maybe all that Clara did had been a little unnecessary, but it was not in vain. Because now she was with the man she loved more than anything, and they were together for literally forever.

*******

Alright! That's it, hope you enjoyed. It had a happy ending, so yay? I had fun writing this one even though I really debated how to write Satan and everything. Also because I don't really believe in Heaven...so I was kind of like, "guess we're winging this one". As always, please vote, comment, follow, and send in those prompts. Love you all!