Penny Parker (Part 3)

Btw, all of the Penny Parker oneshots are continuations of each other.

This is angst and fluff, then more angst.

So I was thinking, maybe I should turn these into a Penny Parker book? And turn this book back to oneshots?

Because I've got a LOAD of ideas for a Penny book.

Comment and lmk what you guys think, and if you'd read it.

--------------

Penny skipped up the stairs to her apartment, pulling out her keys.

It was Sunday evening, and Happy had just dropped her off after her weekend at the tower.

She pulled the door opened, walking in. A loud yelp sounded as she smacked her toe on the leg of the entry table.

She hopped into the kitchen, clutching her foot, and muttering angrily.

All pain was forgotten as she noticed the lack of noise.

"May?"

A sudden crash came from the bedroom, prompting her to action.

She hurried in, expecting to see her aunt on the floor, tangled in whatever had caused the crash.

What she didn't expect was May's body sprawled on the floor, a hole in her chest, blood stained around it.

And a man in the window. His eyes darted to her, before he jumped.

She raced to the window, almost missing the sight of him disappearing around the corner.

Then she crouched beside May.

"May?" Her voice broke. "May? Please... please no. Please. Please wake up. Not you. Please not you. Please, May."

She shook her head desperately. "No, May. You said we were going to get ice cream. And go to the park. You said... please. You can't be gone. Please."

She continued to sob, whispering useless pleas.

She went into a daze, laying there on the floor, cradling her Aunt's still body.

Eventually she pulled herself together slightly, grabbing her phone, and calling Tony.

"Hey kiddo. What's up?"

At his voice, she could barely choke down a sob.

"I need you."

------------

Tony stopped what he was doing, focusing on Penny's voice. She sounded shaky, like she'd been crying.

"You okay, Pen?"

"Can you come get me?"

He frowned. "Uh... is May okay with it?"

"She's-" her voice broke. "Please."

"I'll be there as quick as I can, okay?"

"Y-yeah."

------------

Penny huddled on May's bed, her eyes unable to leave the corpse in front of her.

She rocked back and forth mindlessly, tears falling silently.

A knock sounded on the door. "Penny? It's me. Tony."

She didn't answer, trusting him to come in anyway.

The door to the apartment opened, and she heard Tony's familiar footsteps, walking down the hall.

When he reached the open door, he stopped, his eyes going from the body on the floor to the trembling girl on the bed.

His first thought was to get Penny away from the room, so he picked her up, carrying her out to the living room.

Then he called the cops.

He took Penny out to the car when the responding officers got there, telling them he was taking her to Stark Tower.

They wanted to ask her questions, but he asked if that could wait, and they agreed, seeing the state of the girl.

Penny was silent, her eyes glazed over, unshed tears in her eyes.

He set Friday on driving mode, then sat in the back with her.

She stared at the back of the seat.

He doubted she was aware of what was happening. Some form of shock, he guessed.

-------------

They reached the tower, and Tony gently guided her to her room.

She sat on the edge of the bed, trying to hide how much her hands were shaking.

"Mr Stark?"

His heart twisted, noting the change of title.

"Yeah, Pen?"

"What's going to happen to me?"

He sat beside her. "I was going to ask you what you wanted. Because if you don't have a problem with it, I could adopt you. Formally. You're already my kid, we could just make it legal. Or if you want, we could just do guardianship."

She squeezed her hands together. "You want to adopt me?"

He rested his hand on her arm. "Yeah. If you want to."

She wiped her eyes. "Yeah. Thank you."

Tony pulled the blanket back. "Get some sleep. We can talk in the morning."

She shook her head. "Can we go to the couch? I don't want to be alone."

He nodded. "Yeah. Grab your pillow."

------------

When they made an appearance, conversation immediately ceased, all of them wondering why she was there, as she was supposed to go home that night. Then they noticed her red eyes, and wisely refrained from saying anything.

Natasha quickly emptied the room while Tony sat down on the couch, and Penny laid down, her head on his lap. His hand rested on her shoulder, and his other hand smoothed her hair.

"Good night," she whispered.

Tony squeezed her shoulder. "Night, Pen."

Natasha sat on her other side, pulling her feet into Nat's lap.

She fell asleep there.

-----------

It was quiet when she woke up.

Tony and Nat were gone, and the smell of bacon emanated from the kitchen.

Penny stumbled in, rubbing her eyes.

Tony turned around from where he was standing at the stove, and gave her a soft smile.

"Hey. Sleep good?"

"Yeah," she mumbled, her voice rough from sleep. " 'm good. Thanks."

He nodded. "There's milk in the fridge. Orange juice if you want it. I'm making pancakes, and there will eventually be bacon."

Penny nodded, leaning her forehead on the counter.

Tony's voice turned gentle. "You holding up okay?"

Penny shrugged. "Guess so."

He studied her. "Come here."

She looked up, then slipped off her chair, moving slowly into his arms.

"It's going to be okay, you know that right?"

Penny shook her head, tears soaking his shirt. "How? She's dead, and I didn't get to say bye-" her words were cut off by sobs.

He held her tight, rocking slowly back and forth. "I know. I know."

------------

Hey guys!

Once again, please comment your opinions on this, and tell me if you want me to go back to Peter oneshots, and /or if you want me to keep writing about Penny.

Or if you think I should make a separate book for her.