My heart of hearts

Michael stepped into the room and looked hungrily at Kyra's sleepy form. He was hungry for her love, for her heart, he wanted it all to himself, he wanted all of her, heart, mind, and soul. He needed the connection badly.

Walking up to the king sized bed, he removed his kilt and climbed on the bed next her, and he just lay there watching her sleep. She was so beautiful to him, that his heart swelled with love and adoration. He was consumed with it.

It was almost dinner time, and she still slept, which was a good thing, because he was going to keep her up all night. Michael wanted to spend alone time with her before the wedding. There wasn't enough time left, and he needed to tell her how he felt. The Prince needed to express his feelings to her before she went to the future, and he had to find a way to bring her memory back once she returns. Mayhap he could find a spell in his library. There must be something for this kind of situation. He has heard of Druids jumping back and forth from the present to the future with the runes, but he never heard of memory lost before, or how to regain it once it's lost, but there must be a way, and if there wasn't, he would create one if it was the last thing he did!

Speaking softly in Gaelic, Michael poured his heart out to his sleeping beauty, telling her how she was the love of his life and how devastated he will be once she is thrown to the future, but how excited he will be when they reunite once again.

Kyra's body tensed underneath the silky ivory sheet, unbeknownst to Michael, she heard and understood everything he was telling her, but she faked sleep until she heard every single detail first. She did not know why he spoke of separation and future stuff, but it sounded scary, and her heart twisted with pain knowing that if that were ever to happen, their love would suffer greatly. Holding back the tears that threatened to spill, Kyra lay still and continued to listen to his words.

Michael continued to speak words of love, pouring his heart out to her, whispering everything that was inside him, sweet nothings that could only be spoken to her, and no one else. Kyra loved him more than life itself, but knew that troubled times were up ahead, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Looking down to her beautiful full lips, Michael just wanted to touch them with his lips, and he lowered his head and placed a warm kiss on her sweet mouth, and seconds later, her eyes fluttered open, and she blessed him with a beautiful smile. He did not know that she turned her heart to stone to stop it from hurting.

"Kyra." He whispered hoarsely, "love of my life, heart of my heart."

"My love." She whispered back, and there lips met, and they kissed passionately, both knowing that there wasn't enough time left to be together, and they held on to each other possessively, never wanting to let go.

"I was thinking to take you after dinner for a midnight walk, mayhap we can stay up all night under the moonlight, there is plenty things that I would like to tell you." He told her, praying that she will agree.

"Yes Michael, I would love that, I too have many things I want to tell you." She said, already feeling the pang in her heart.

They both climbed out of bed, and Michael helped her dress, and then he too, wrapped his kilt around his tapered waist, and taking her hand, they left their room to go to the dining area.

The dining area was packed with warriors and the ladies of the court. The servants were picking up the plates from dinner, and they brought out the fruits and pastries. Michael and Kyra sat themselves at the family table, and the servants moved quickly to serve them a belated dinner.

Kyra looked around her at the people she treasured the most, and felt like crying her heart out. If what Michael spoke of came true, then this will be the last time they will sit together like this. Tomorrow was the eve of their wedding, and last minute preparations were still needed, and the day after is the big day.