Jack, Jack Gilinsky

Saturday

Finally, the day where I can take a break from all the working and worrying. I was sitting on the floor with Jake watching his favorite show, The Lion Guard. We were home alone since I came home from the club last night. I had no idea where our mother had gone but I didn't think about it, all I kept thinking about is that rude, mysteriously handsome guy yesterday. I could still feel his breath against my skin sending shivers throughout my body.

I didn't understand why he kissed me...he has a girlfriend. I was right just another fuckboy. I'm glad I don't have to deal with him because he kind of scared the shit outta me after that stunt he pulled in the restroom.

I shook the memory back as I felt something on my shoulder. It was Jake he had fallen asleep. I carefully lift him and carried him to our room where he could rest. I lay there next to him and played with his jet black hair as he slept. I suddenly heard the door slam shut.

Here we go again.

I went straight to where all the noise was coming from and saw my mother drunk and high at the same time. She was throwing things in and out the cupboards looking for something.

"Heyyy baby girl, have you seen mommy's cookie jar?" She slurred

"You mean the cookie jar that's on the counter which we're never allowed to open"

"Ah yes!"

I looked at her hungrily opening the jar and pull out a clear plastic bag with a white substance in it. She throws it on the counter and uses a card of some kind and divides it into rows. That's when I lost it.

She can't be serious

"That's illegal" I stated

"I care why...just mind your own business" she rudely stated

Suddenly I hear little footsteps coming towards the kitchen and Jake appears from the corner. He tugs on my shirt for me to lift him so I do.

"What's mommy doing?" He asked

"Something bad" I glared at her

"What the fuck do you know!" She yelled at me

"Mommy that's a bad word!" Jake yelled

"Did it fucking kill you! No" she yelled and all I heard was her hand colliding with Jake's cheek and his loud cries

"Are you insane!"

"Go to your room and leave me alone" she demanded

"Jakey go in our room and lock the door okay" he nods and runs away

"No! You just hit him for no fucking reason and you want me to calm down!"

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to!"

"A child because you never listen!" I yelled furiously.

"I am your mother-" she starts but I cut her off

"Mother my ass! I've been paying the bill, putting food in front of us, I work my ass off day and night all while you play a stoner fucking whore", "you don't even have to pay attention to me but what about Jake!" I yelled and she rolled her eyes

She walks up to me and her hand rises into the air but I grab it as fast as I can. I looked directly into her eyes and I could see nothing, not a feeling they were pitch black.

"I'm not on this shit with you" I whisper yelled

I retreated to mine and Jake's room where I held him tightly in my arms. He was shaking and in tears.

"Its gonna be ok we're gonna leave tomorrow I promise" I hadn't the slightest idea where we'd go but I wanted him out of here.

-

At the club

Sunday night

"Lux curtain 5," Jeff says

"If it's another old man I swear you're losing your dick"

"I think you'll like this one" he smirked

I strutted my way over to the curtain and I was stunned to see who was in front of me.

"Come sit babygirl"

"O now you're nice" I rolled my eyes sarcastically

"I have a deal for you...you become my slut and I'll pay you good money"

"I'm no whore, besides you have little Ms. Perfect"

"I know you liked what happened so just take the job and my girlfriend doesn't have to know," he said slyly "4 grand a month and anything necessary. You won't have to work here ever again"

"I'll think about it," I said

"I'll text you," he says before standing up

"I never got your name" I practically asked

"Jack, Jack Gilinsky"